Thread: Hammer Jointer / Planer Analog Handwheel for Minimax

Hammer Jointer / Planer Analog Handwheel for Minimax

Hammer has a planer depth handwheel that is analog which does not require batteries, etc. Does anyone know is this can be adopted to Minimax CU300 machine?

I don't know for certain, but it seems that the thread spacing on the lift rack would have to match exactly for the gauge to be accurate.

The Hammer display is 2mm per revolution.

If your Minimax is the same the display would work.

Keep in mind that Felder sell two different gauges, one increases in a clockwise direction (Shaper or Saw) the other decreases in a clockwise direction (planer).

Regards, Rod.

P..S. The gauges are also available in Imperial, once again for 2mm/revolution..

What's the big deal with batteries, Frank?
    Half dozen on hand from Amazon set me back a couple bucks.

Check out the digital devices at Grizzly.
    Especially useful on the shaper.

i use a igaging one that plugs into the wall

Looks like nobody has done this before. I will check the depth change per revolution on my machine to see if the Hammer handwheel works and go from there.

The reason I am trying to avoid electronic options is because nearly all digital calipers, etc I purchased 5-10 years ago go through batteries very fast. Sometimes weeks or months go by when I don't have time for woodworking. Then when I pick one of these tools, battery is dead most times. Perhaps newer versions are better, but I have not had good luck with these so far. The hand wheel on the other hand should almost never need recalibrating after initial setup and no need for batteries ever. Ready to go all the time.