Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Used Powermatic 66....Is it worth the money?

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Falk View Post
    I am no expert on the PM66 but it looks like the front height lock knob is missing also
    You’re right Cary. They are easy to make on the cheap however, and if the OP buys it he can contact me and i’ll show him my pm65 thread on OWWM.

If you miss the saw just wait for another one. I like old American iron so I would not buy a Grizzly. Why buy second best. I love my Unisaw. The prices on these old saws are going up. The prices which were $300 to $500 a few years ago are now $700 to $1000. Once you fix one up it will last the rest of your life. Have them run the saw. If it runs and the controls work you are probably safe.

I see Grizzlie's for sell on craigslist which seem not to sell well. I think they ask too much personally.
    Last edited by lee cox; 10-16-2017 at 3:08 PM.

I picked up something about like that saw (a little bit newer 66, but still older). It was about the same price but had the motor cover.
    All the inner workings were pretty stiff, but that just required taking it apart, cleaning and dry/grease lubing where appropriate. While I was in there I replaced the bearings too. I just put a static phase converter on mine.
    Anyways, it works pretty well! My fence is a bit wonky so needs some attention.
    The newer fences are more adjustable and the newer saws have a few nicer features (i.e. riving knife), but I'm happy with my saw - it's smooth & quick to adjust, plenty of power for my needs and rock solid. I would be somewhat happier with a little more bells & whistles, but I certainly don't need any. It's definitely tons nicer than any saw I've ever had before - which were old American iron, but relatively flimsy and cheap.

I think that you could buy the "super cool tools'' fence head and be in business. Solid saw ,good fence what more does a man need ? Good luck, Mike.