Thread: Bosch CM10GD Miter Saw dust collection

Bosch CM10GD Miter Saw dust collection

<p>
    I made the boot larger following Dan Pattinsons YouTube tutorial, big improvement. Then I added this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-5-4-PLY-45...53.m1438.l2649 This takes the place of the 90 degree elbow. It allows full travel of the motor and is less restrictive. I shortened one leg and cut a notch for the tab on the output port, it fits perfectly without a clamp. The fitting on my Fein shopvac slips right into the tube so I can still use the vac for other things when the saw is not in use. The turbo intake tubing seems custom made for this purpose! cost $6.</p>
    Attached Images Attached Images

I recently acquired the 12" glide, upgrading from a 10" non sliding Craftsman. The DC on the Craftsman was actually quite good. Probably because it wasnt a slider. The DC on the glide is terrible. Just awful. I am going to try a few things in the next couple of months including this.

Check out Dan Pattinson on YouTube, he&#39;s got some really good tips. The enlarged boot he makes is a huge improvement. The DC on these saws is terrible, even with the added improvements it&#39;s still pretty bad.

Always seems like with any traveling saw if you have access to larger than shop vac dust collection putting a boot behind the saw and trying to create as large a bubble of moving air as possible works best.

We have a 12" Bosch (non-glide) in the field that I absolutely love and have lusted after the glide for some time. That said, I have never been able to envision a highly efficient dust collection system for any slider. Just seems like there is too much open area and your only bet is to grab what the blade throws directly into the vac hose. They just seem to be one of those pesky dusty areas in the shop.

I built Dan's boot and adapted it to my Bosch slider. It is the best system I could find that didn't entail building a huge enclosure. Works great and grabs 90% of the dust.

I've been pondering a design that I'll make out of plexiglass that I can attach a 4" hose to each side. Based on what I have seen of the route the dust takes during a cut I think it will catch most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim M Tuttle View Post
    I've been pondering a design that I'll make out of plexiglass that I can attach a 4" hose to each side. Based on what I have seen of the route the dust takes during a cut I think it will catch most of it.
    Yes, but you want the scoop to travel with the saw as it glides which is why something flexible is desired, otherwise some of the finer dust will escape before it gets to the scoop IMO, especially since the majority of the dust is directed straight back from the blade.
    Last edited by Andy Bryant; 10-16-2017 at 7:33 PM.