Thread: Refrigerator Air Dryer Question?

Refrigerator Air Dryer Question?

I have a relatively new air dryer from Aircel. Recently, I have noticed the internal cooling fan keeps cycling on an off every 15 seconds. It’s pretty annoying. I called the manufacturer and a tech said that is normal?
    I told him it didnt do that when I bought it (last summer). He said since the ambient temperature is cooler now because of winter, that is normal. Seems counter to my logic as in my world “cooling” fans come on more when conditions are warmer? I tried running several tanks of freshly compressed air (hot) through the unit and it didnt effect the cycling of the fan at all.

Anyone with an air dryer that does this?

Thanks
    John

My Hankison HT does that. When the dryer is on but no air is called for, the fan runs on and off every minute or so. I don't run it much in winter in Wis as the air is so dry so I can't compare. Dave

It doesn't sound right. It should run all the time or else infrequently same as any other refrigerated unit. Mine run all the time. They kick in when the pressure reaches a thresh hold in the morning on start up and shut down when the pressure drops below this after knock off. Sounds like either faulty sensing or switching for the fan. Get onto the service agents again. Cheers

My Speedaire runs when the compressor, and dryer are turned on, but mine is a fairly old one. I flip the switch off when I'm not going to be using air.