Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Saw blade Sharpen Service by Mail - recommend please ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    Nobody sends them to Forrest?

I am about ready to send half dozen to them, but I haven't used them before. Should I rethink?
    Rick, there are probably plenty of good saw sharpening services via mail order (I've used Ridge, Forrest and Leitz) but Dynamic has good service at great prices compared to a lot of the competition

Dynamic just done my Forrest Woodworker II sharpening it and brazing on 1 new tooth and the total was a little over $10 , cuts as good as it did when it was new .

I too am very satisfied with Dynamic. Prompt service, excellent results, good prices, very knowledgeable and friendly folks.
    Best,
    Metod

I looked through Dynamic's Site, and saw no mention of who and how pays return shipping.

Ship back included in sharpen price ? or what?

How does that work?

Sounds and looks like a great place, w VERY good pricing, but they only partially addressed shipping, or I'm goin blind.

Marc
    Last edited by Marc Jeske; 10-09-2017 at 11:25 AM.

For me I'm close enough to just stop by and drop it off and pick it again , I would figure that there shipping would be reasonable like there pricing on sharpening
    I'd just give them a call for the shipping cost info ...
    Last edited by Robyn Horton; 10-09-2017 at 11:40 AM.

I've used Ridge Carbide in NJ...for years .....shaper cutters, blades.........Never had an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Jeske View Post
    I looked through Dynamic's Site, and saw no mention of who and how pays return shipping.

How does that work?

Sounds and looks like a great place, w VERY good pricing, but they only partially addressed shipping, or I'm goin blind.

Marc
    Set up a FedEx or UPS account and include a return ship label with your blades?

http://www.fedex.com/us/return-solutions/how-to-create-a-label/

8. I tried a local guy and wasn't happy with the results. I've been using Burns Tools lately and am very happy with them. Good price and fairly quick. Easy to take care of online is nice

I'm am very happy with Ridge Carbide, too. For many, many years. Great blades, too.
    It is easier to be imperfect and plan for it, than to try to be perfect and swear at it.

Actually I think a USPS Flat Rate Box may be most economical, and 3 business days across country.

About $12 - 16 holding about 8 and 13 10"" blades respectively w cardboard layers.

At 70 lb max, very generous.

USPS most economical for packages smaller than about ballpark 1 1/2 cub ft, around that is a tipping point where UPS or Fedex becomes cheaper. Marc

If it's that many blades then Cook Industrial might be the simplest option: http://www.cookssharpening.com/id7.html

They're just a few hours from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl McLain View Post
    Carbide Processors in Washington State.
    earl
    +4

Why 4? Because I sent them 4 blades today. Great service and you get a 10% Creeker discount. I've had multiple random brand blades sharpened by them and own 6-7 custom blades from them.
    -Lud

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Ludwig View Post
    +4

Why 4? Because I sent them 4 blades today. Great service and you get a 10% Creeker discount. I've had multiple random brand blades sharpened by them and own 6-7 custom blades from them.
    I just spent 10 minutes browsing their site & couldn't find anything about their sharpening service

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    Nobody sends them to Forrest?

I am about ready to send half dozen to them, but I haven't used them before. Should I rethink?
    I use Forrest, and have been very satisfied both with their sharpening and repair.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Jeske View Post

How does that work?

Marc

I see they have updated their website, and omitted what they used to say about return shipping. They used to say they would ship your sharpened blades, bits, etc. back to you the same way you shipped them, UPS, Fedex, whatever. Now they say to call them. I assume that means those details will get worked out during that call. But Peter makes a good point about including a prepaided return shipping label in with your blades when you ship them out. In any case, you will pay the shipping both ways. No way they could offer free shipping for the prices they charge.

John