Thread: Rigid oscillating sander part help

Rigid oscillating sander part help

I have a Rigid EB4424 sander that I've had for years. I really like it and have used it often, but not abused. Anyway, I was using the belt and it jumped up and stopped. Had a deuce of a time getting the lock knob off, when I got the belt mechanism off I found the "fan" drive gear split in two. All my searching has come up empty - Rigid, E replacement, etc all say the same " NLA" Has anyone found a workaround for this $4 part that renders the sander useless ? Thanks for any help

I'm pretty sure that I saw recently on the other big forum (w@$&@&$.net) that someone in your predicament made one or had one made on a 3D printer. You might dig around over there.

Blog Entries
    Was your bought pre-LSA? Mine needed service and they just lifted up the plastic housing and table and slid a whole new sander under the hood.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    Was your bought pre-LSA? Mine needed service and they just lifted up the plastic housing and table and slid a whole new sander under the hood.
    And if it was bought, LSA filed, they will do the same thing. Love those free batteries

I don't recall, but I think I did not do the LSA, I know. I just hate to trash it because they don't allow you to buy this part. Thanks John, I'll see if I can find anything over "there".