Thread: An Awesome View...

An Awesome View...

I would love to go and experience this next year.

https://nexusnewsfeed.com/article/cl...served-forests
    Sometimes decisions from the heart are better than decisions from the brain.

Enjoy Life...

Man, just looking at that triggered my vertigo.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

That might be the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Ludicrous concept. I hope the artist's conception is the end of this monstrosity.

I'd walk that tower if I were in the vicinity. I do think it's out of place with the suroundings - doesn't blend well at all, IMO - especially since they claim it's a historic site. But it would be interesting to see and experience.

One part that concerns me is the capacity. If I read it right, it can handle 10,000 people at once. I don't know how many you could really expect at a time (after the newness wears off), but I think walking a "nature trail" with a ton of people would diminish the experience for me. (YMMV)

But it's definitely interesting. Thanks for posting it Ray!
    Fred

There is a part of me that says "That's not a way to walk out in the forest. Get on the ground and experience it." There is a bigger part of me that says this is amazing. Look how many people young and old that are physically unable to walk on the ground through a forest that will now be able to experience the joys of getting out around nature. They'll be able to see the birds flying around in the branches and see critters and deer walking around down below.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

This is a concept that allows hitherto impossible access to forests. In Tasmania we have one at Tahune that is steel (painted part by yours truly) and therefore very slender compared to this one. There is also one in the Otway Ranges in Victoria and another in New South Wales. Don't bag out the concept if you haven't experienced it. It is without parallel. Those with vertigo exempt of course. Cheers
    Every construction obeys the laws of physics. Whether we like or understand the result is of no interest to the universe.

The whole concept reminds me of these lyrics:
    Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends
    We're so glad you could attend
    Come inside! Come inside!
    There behind a glass is a real blade of grass
    be careful as you pass.
    Move along! Move along!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Barry View Post
    The whole concept reminds me of these lyrics:
    Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends
    We're so glad you could attend
    Come inside! Come inside!
    There behind a glass is a real blade of grass
    be careful as you pass.
    Move along! Move along!
    Pat, you're showing your age if you remember E, L & P.

You can experience something like that climbing the ramp to the observation deck on Clingman's Dome in the Smokey Mountain National Park.