Thread: Eurekazone tracksaw

Eurekazone tracksaw

I have just purchased the Eurekazone 108" tracksaw from Amazon. The internet posting shows a picture of the system but does not include a listing of the individual components. After I fitted the base to my saw (custom drilling of base and saw) I discovered that no track couplers were included in the kit, but are clearly shown in the photograph. In digging deep into the Eurekazone website I discovered that the track couplers are included in the 116" system but NOT in the 108" system. How do they expect one to use the system to cut 108" material. I have found no way to contact Amazon other than follow their menu driven response system, with no way to really explain my dilemma. GRRRRR

Oops, my bad. The couplers were installed in the middle of one of the tracks. My apologies Eufekazone.
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 10-02-2017 at 9:19 PM.

Wow. That seems like a sure recipe for customer dissatisfaction! They should have included the couplers, if it's supposed to be a "package". They are shown in that pic on Amazon.
    I would definitely leave some feedback on Amazon, so the next person knows.
    If you're anywhere near CT/RI, PM me and I'll loan you mine.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Dan, sorry to hear of your inconvenience and I can understand your frustration, but call Eurekazone at 1-877-681-7955 (or 1-352-620-2262), Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm Eastern Time. I KNOW that they will make it right - quickly. The web site says that for the 108" System the two outer channel connectors ARE supposed to be included, but the single center channel connectors is NOT included - that is because the center connector is usually not considered necessary unless the total track length is over 110". That is one reason they sell the 108" system - it saves you from having to buy the center channel connector. Of course you can alway buy one ($14) if you want to use it.

I've used their EZ SMART tracks and other accessories since 2008 - they have made my woodworking much MUCH easier. I've called them a few times in the past when I've done something stupid and damaged some of the parts, and they've always worked with me. This is one of the advantages of them being a small U.S.-based company based in Ocala, Florida (by the way, they came through the hurricane pretty well I hear).

Make sure you look for their videos on youtube.com! You'll catch a few hints, such as (1) when connecting tracks make sure you leave a little gap between them so the connectors can self-align properly, (2) make sure you don't overtighten the connector hex screw - or you'll deform the track, and (3) before your first cut, make sure you trim the white plastic anti-chip edge by running the saw backwards on a length of scrap wood - with the blade set for a very shallow cut - make sure you wear eye protection since the plastic bits can fly a bit.

If you ever have ANY questions on using the EZ Smart tools, besides calling Eurekazone, feel free to join and post your questions on Eurekazone's Track Saw Forum. There are a lot of brilliant and creative folks there who will be happy to help you.

Oh, another suggestion ... if you ever purchase a new saw blade, make sure you purchase a new anti-chip edge (listed under Track Saw System Components - $8/54") and a new anti-chip insert (listed under Easy Ready Components - $4.50) since after the first cut the one on your track & base are custom cut to match your current saw blade.

One last thing ... if you find yourself wanting to add dust collection capability to your circular saw there is an attachment available for that (under Easy Ready Components), and a video on Youtube.com showing how to do it.

Added: I found installing the current Smart Base on an older EZ Ready saw (the Hitachi) pretty easy. One hint is to use a self-centering punch or self-centering drill bit to make drilling the holes for attaching the base a bit more accurate. I had to go to Ace to buy longer M4 bolts (I think that's what they were).

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Kortge; 09-30-2017 at 8:04 PM. Reason: Added note about installing the base

4. Quote Originally Posted by Dan Cameron View Post
    I have just purchased the Eurekazone 108" tracksaw from Amazon. The internet posting shows a picture of the system but does not include a listing of the individual components. After I fitted the base to my saw (custom drilling of base and saw) I discovered that no track couplers were included in the kit, but are clearly shown in the photograph. In digging deep into the Eurekazone website I discovered that the track couplers are included in the 116" system but NOT in the 108" system. How do they expect one to use the system to cut 108" material. I have found no way to contact Amazon other than follow their menu driven response system, with no way to really explain my dilemma. GRRRRR
    Did you check the slots on the back of the track? One of the kits I ordered had the connectors pre-installed. If theY are not there Eurekazone will make it right, been using their products since Dino first started the business.
    Last edited by Wendell Terrell; 09-30-2017 at 7:43 PM. Reason: SPELLING

Dan,

Please come back here and let us know if/when/how your issue was resolved - if the connectors were in the track, or if you had the need to call Eurekazone.com, and how they responded.

Ken K.

It sure is a shame that the thread title denigrated Eurekazone. I have an EZ system and wish them well, although I wish it was less a 1 man show.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Doug, I adjusted the title and highlighted the OP's Oops.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Thanks for the update. Glad the item received was as it should have been.

Ken