Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installing Blum Undermount Slides

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Andrew View Post
    Pretty cool, Martin. Like how you put the receptacle in the corner, too. Hate having to cut them into a raised panel.
    Nice work but I don't like seeing the receptacle. Have you ever considered having the granite guy rout a dado for an electrical strip on the underside of the counter top?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Milito View Post
    Nice work but I don't like seeing the receptacle. Have you ever considered having the granite guy rout a dado for an electrical strip on the underside of the counter top?
    That's what the customer wanted. Most of the time I run a 4½" top rail in the paneled end and the outlet just goes sideways in that top rail in a one level island.

We use a angled plug mold on the ends of our islands , give the client 4 outlets to plug into on each end , and there's no handy box sticking inside the cabinet screwing up the upper drawers.
    Come in three colors I believe , white , black and brown. I'll try to remember to take a photo of it tomorrow it's the best solution to outlets on a island that I've ever found. Not that there isn't a better one out there, but so far it's the best I've been involved with.

Like Sam said, carcass flush (or close) with FF on inside. Mount slide on cabinet side.
    "the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.” Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Milito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Wasner View Post
    That's what the customer wanted. Most of the time I run a 4½" top rail in the paneled end and the outlet just goes sideways in that top rail in a one level island.

Here's the plug mold we use:
    Two recipticals / four items can be plugged into it.

IMG_4736.jpg

IMG_5940.jpg

IMG_5941.jpg

I'm not really a fan of that either. I'm pretty convinced there's no way to shove an outlet into an island that looks good, and isn't a pain in the rear to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Girouard View Post
    Here's the plug mold we use:
    Two recipticals / four items can be plugged into it.

IMG_4736.jpg

IMG_5940.jpg

IMG_5941.jpg
    Is this molding something you buy or make? How much countertop overhang is required to install?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W Pugh View Post
    Is this molding something you buy or make? How much countertop overhang is required to install?
    We buy it , 2 1/4" I believe I can check tomorrow and find the manufacturer as well.

This is starting to feel a bit off-topic ... but kitchen receptacles. I built a kitchen recently that used the Legrand outlet strips and I was impressed by the execution. They have modules for USB charging and lots of different configurations. They also had LED lights and they were dimmed from a wall switch like the other lights in the kitchen. So the power strips had three power lines going into them ... dimmed lights, outlets, and lower amperage USB (and other). The electricians complained that there wasn't a lot of room for the wiring wall connections. In the same kitchen I cut in boxes on the island in the leg kick area and also on the ends. In the leg kick area they went behind the drawers and behind the wine cooler. There was a fair amount of head scratching on how to get the room since the decision was made (of course) after the cabinets were built. In the ends they were handy boxes sideways which fit between the drawers on account of the face frame size.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.” Confucius

3” would clear the plug mold , but we went 4” on this project.

01FF2DCF-6E69-434F-B853-0F56490918B6.jpg

F9C0F33C-908C-4ADA-9C36-CC6A4DE319D4.jpg