Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Connecting dust deputy xl to s&d pvc?

A few pictures. The dusty film you see in the bags of the grizzly is just left over from before I installed the cyclone because I reused the bags
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks great Brandon! The runs look short so you should have some great suction. Two tips I can pass on is 1) the flex hose out of the DC into the floor could be replaced with hard pipe (at a minimum the flex can be straightened - you would be surprised of the improvement) 2)Taping the exit hose in addition to the clamps will assure there are no pin hole leaks (causing lower cyclone separation performance). I used bridge clamps and mine still had the smallest leak in one area.

Again Nice Job!

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    PVC really does not get hot enough in boiling water. Maybe boiling oil would be hotter. Anyone have. a turkey fryer and want to try?
    I bought a used "hot Box" cheap and it works great for bending and forming PVC up to 2" pipe. They make bigger one sand blankets but they cost a lot for using just a few times.
    Bill D.

http://www.greenlee.com/catalog/Bend...-Boxes?ps=1000
    i have a heat gun made by Milwaukee that I use to heat and form 6 inch PVC, if you want to go Cheap Harbor Freight has one for about $15.00 too