Thread: Finished the workbench

Finished the workbench

IMG_20170924_120557244.jpg

IMG_20170924_120026900_HDR.jpg

Finally finished my workbench this weekend. Wagon Vise (Veritas Shoulder Vise Screw) on the right end, Wilton on the left, and a 7"x8"x1/2" A36 Steel Anvil Plate inset. The front working section is 12" deep 6' long. The back is 10"x6' Undercarriage is Red Cedar. Finish - top is natural, edges and legs are stained with Minwax Gun Stock I had leftover from an Eagle Scout Project then two coats of 50/50 thinned Minwax Polyurethane.

Each bench top is secured to the legs with six 4" "Timber Lok" Truss Screws and he stringers are secured by 4 Bench Bolts from Woodcraft. The bench was designed to be knocked down into six pieces quickly for easy transport when I move (again) in two years.

I was going to install a couple of "T-tracks" but decided not to. I still need to make a few bench accessories like a bench hook, shooting board and a shelf on top of the stringers.
    Last edited by Bill Berklich; 09-25-2017 at 7:32 AM. Reason: Additional build info

That's definitely a "stout" bench!!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Good job Bill! If it works as well as it looks, it should be a great add to your shop.

Whatcha gonna build with it?
    Fred

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Good job Bill! If it works as well as it looks, it should be a great add to your shop.

Whatcha gonna build with it?
    Fred
    Great question and I think a hall sideboard.