Thread: Assembly Table with Kreg Clamps

Assembly Table with Kreg Clamps

For several years I have used Kreg clamps on a portable 30"x30" shop made top. Made with two layers of 3/4" plywood. This worked ok but was terribly heavy to set up and take down. I wish my shop was large enough for a permanent clamp table setup. A few months ago I built an new assembly/storage table and incorporated the Kreg rails in the table edges. This has worked great. Most of the time I use the flat assembly table but can setup Kreg clamps and spacers in a couple minutes when needed. Keeping all the Kreg clamps and spacers in the top drawer under the top gives quick access. I saw the other thread about clamping face frames and thought I'd share a solution that has worked great for my shop.
    DSC_2572.JPGr.jpgDSC_2571.JPGr.jpg

I have the Kreg clamp table and am completing additional top on a Kreg stand that can either make the Kreg table twice as wide or twice as long.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Looks good, Julian,

What material is the black top?

I have all the parts to make my Kreg/outfeed table. Basically like yours, with drawers for all the Kreg stuff I have, so I can keep it all in one spot. Just need the time to get it built.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Rick, the top is covered with a matte black laminate left over from another project. I wasn't sure at first about using laminate on the assembly table but it has worked great. Large work pieces easily slide across the laminate, any glue drippings pop right off with a little scrap.

Quote Originally Posted by julian abram View Post
    Rick, the top is covered with a matte black laminate left over from another project. I wasn't sure at first about using laminate on the assembly table but it has worked great. Large work pieces easily slide across the laminate, any glue drippings pop right off with a little scrap.

P.Lam makes a great assemble or table saw top, mine saw and assembly table are both P.Lam , like you said easy to clean , pretty durable , mine are both over twenty years old with a LOT of use. I wax the T/S top so things slide nicely.

Yours looks like it'll serve you well for many years.

Julian, I have pretty much the same L shaped setup with wood edging & open squares to slide the clamps in. Mine has been in a 4' x 8' white laminate outfeed table for several years. Very handy. Crap gets in the tracks but I have a shop vac underneath to clean the tracks out. Still considering adding more Kreag track.

Last winter during a warm spell i reworked my assembly table by adding drawers on both sides, and installing kreg tracks. I keep Kreg parts on one side and the other has layout and drilling tools on the other. Top is a plywood, MDF sandwich, waxed several coats. It works very well for me.
    Originally I built the table so the top raised so i could roll it over some smaller items for storage in the winter. ( The apron is removable on one side.)
    Attached Images Attached Images