Live in East Central Florida, well on each of the past 2 hurricanes we have lost shingles and we were not even hit by the full force of the wind.

Roof is 4 years old, yet shingles come off, dunno if it is poor installation or just a fact of life with shingles.

Thinking about switching to a Metal Roof, from what I read they can withstand 120-130mph and have a lifetime warranty. Was looking at the metal roof shaped to look like a "tile" roof.

My house is 2 story with about 8K sq feet, if I remove the 2nd story sq ft of 1500 that puts me at about 6500sq ft of roof + some sq ft for the soffit over hang.

First quote came in, wants to lay metal roof over existing shingles and will cost 80-90K!!! I had a budget in mind of 30-35...

He said if that is in the ball park he will work up a formal quote.

OMG that seems like a lot of money for not removing the existing roof and just laying metal sheets down.

Obviously, getting roof quotes now is tough, nobody has time but I thought I'd ask if anyone has experience with Metal Roofs, cost per sq foot or something to go on. I've called another company and hope to find a third to make sure.