Thread: Box elder bowl

Box elder bowl

Box elder bowl from a limb we took off a tree in the front yard. Arborist and wife want to keep the tree. I am waiting for the day I can harvest the wood. The tree has a trunk that is about 3.5' in diameter and full of burls.IMG_0106.jpgIMG_0111.jpgIMG_0112.jpg

;Looks like you have a find ahead of you. What is size of this limb wood? I looked and Justin is a little too far from Fredericksburg so guess you are safe with wood there.

Now, that is some nice wood! And, good job on the bowl. You need another arborist - one that shares your "concerns about the safety issues of trying to save the tree!"😉

Left click my name for homepage link.

Nice!!! A lot going on with that wood, a little flame, some spalting and some nice figure.
    Good job!!

Thomas , the pieces of limbs are @ 14" in diameter. I moved to the cultural district of Fort Worth about 2.5 years ago. That's a little closer to Fredericksburg.

John, the tree is right between our neighbors house and ours. The limb that we took down was damaged in a storm and hanging over our neighbors house. I think we will have to take down the rest of the tree within a year or two. To me it is a safety issue....

Jim, that is some nice wood. I harvested a dead Hackberry tree that has nice spalting like yours except for the red flame of course. Beautiful wood indeed Jim!

Very nice work and great wood too. BE without any color can be outstanding with heavy crotch figuring. The wood almost looks transparent when cut and worked from fresh green wood.