I've hit about the 9 month mark on my hand tool storage cabinet that I have made mostly by hand and out of scraps laying around the shop (garage). Last winter I hit the limit of my patience having tools laying everywhere. I'm lucky enough to have a 8x12 foot room off of the back of my garage where I work, but it's amazing how fast it's gets out-of-control messy. There are two doors at one end of the room where I had some shelves made out of old oxidized 1x12 pine that had to be in someone's attic long enough to turn it dark brown. Basically, the shelves held a collection of junk, most of which found it's way to the garbage. I made 4 doors out of some scrap pine and mounted them on the existing shelves. I used milk paint for the finish just for fun. It think it's a great finish for "garage furniture" as my youngest son called it.

The rest I've done a little at a time, no master plan, and I think it will continue to be a work in progress. What I wanted to share is that I've got about $100 into this and it is amazing how much nicer it is work when there is a place for a tool when you are done using it. There are much nicer and fancier examples out there, but here is one that didn't cost much, didn't get much planning, and works well for me.

ts01.jpgts02.jpg