Hello All,

It's been a while since I've been on here, as I've been too busy to read the 'Creek and likewise too busy to be working in the shop. However recently I finally got back in the shop and got further along with my kitchen table project. It's a live-edge walnut table, and I have a few questions for the group regarding that edge.

In this first picture you can see a divot or chunk taken out of the edge. I'm wondering how best to deal with this. Should I leave it, and just clean it up and basically round-over things around it? Should I fill it with epoxy and then treat it like everything else? Any other options?

divot.jpg

In this second picture you can see where we hit the limit of board processing width. This limit was actually imposed at the lumber yard based on the size of the equipment used to process the (originally wider) piece. I beveled the edge about 30 degrees to make it more closely match the live edge. I'm wondering what to do with this? Should I just leave it? Should I try to use some rasps or files to make something resembling a live edge (not that I would be good at that...)? Any other options?

edge.jpg

Thanks!