Thread: Is my power supply faulty?

Is my power supply faulty?

Hi guys,

Just today in the morning I was trying to cut 6mm MDF and noticed that it could not be cut at my normal speed. I checked each power supply and noticed that both of them have power LED on but only one has its laser LED ON(halfway when it is not firing and full when it is firing) When laser is firing only one PS shows 32mA(the limit we set up with resistors) and the other one shows 0. They should both show 32mA.

Tried to swap control cables: The working PS still worked after swapping but for some reason the laser fired on initialization without pressing any fire button. The one that seems to be faulty still did not work after swapping.
    Tried to swap HV cables: The working one still worked, the faulty did not.

Then I found this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRWCPxQlGPs They do some PS testing with a test button. Checked on mine. The working PS was firing and its laser LED goes full ON after pressing the test button. The faulty one did not react to pressing the test. Its laser LED is always off.

Do you think it is a PS fault?

P.S. This is for the machine with DLT-300 Yongli tube. It has two combined tubes in a metal case and that why it has two power supplies. Everything worked just yesterday and for more than a month. I cannot inspect the tubes because they are sealed with warranty stickers.
    GCC Spirit GX Pro 100W(synrad)
    Laserlife Ezlaser LCW 300W(Yongli DLT-300)

PSU Fault Mike,
    You did what !

yeah, it looks like it is dead at least on the HV part of it. I bought two of them yesterday from Yongli for US$740 with dhl shipping. Shipping cost is as much as one power supply(2 for $500 plus $240 for shipping). It looks like its much faster to pay for new ones and get them shipped rather than replacing the faulty one under warranty.

Do chinese guys usually and when replacing faulty parts under warranty agree to send a replacement and pay for shipping to a customer or they always ask a customer to pay shipping cost. I do not expect them to cover shipping cost to them but it would be nice to know that they at least may cover shipping cost to me.
    I either deal with warranty on the faulty one later and send it back to them for repair or replacement or just ship the faulty one to my friend in Melbourne and he will fix it.
    At least now and after the faulty one is replaced/repaired I should have one spare set of PSs. It was stupid on my side not to get at least one spare PS when I bought their tube.
    GCC Spirit GX Pro 100W(synrad)
    Laserlife Ezlaser LCW 300W(Yongli DLT-300)