Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 - Pick Your NFL Team......

Being from Massachusetts, I gotta go with the Pats, and with the sports run we've had since 2001 (Pats 5 titles, Celts 1 title, Bruins 1 title, and the Sox 3 titles, Plus 4 championship games lost) I understand the less than warm feelings the rest of the sporting fans here feel about us. I'm 57, and for the bulk on my life THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN TOO OFTEN. My kid was 14 and saw every team win at least one championship, I was 44 LOL. So how most of you feel about us, was how I spent most of my life feeling about the cowboys, dolphins, raiders, canadiens, oilers, yankees, lakers (though the Celts always came through often enough). I keep telling my son to be prepared for when our golden age ends, and that all golden ages end. Please remember this is a FRIENDLY forum when you come for me with the pitchforks, and torches LOL.
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 09-06-2017 at 9:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Fleming View Post
    Being from Massachusetts, I gotta go with the Pats, and with the sports run we've had since 2001 (Pats 5 titles, Celts 1 title, Bruins 1 title, and the Sox 3 titles, Plus 4 championship games lost) I understand the less than warm feelings the rest of the sporting fans here feel about us. I'm 57, and for the bulk on my life THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN TOO OFTEN. My kid was 14 and saw every team win at least one championship, I was 44 LOL. So how most of you feel about us, was how I spent most of my life feeling about the cowboys, dolphins, raiders, canadiens, oilers, yankees, lakers (though the Celts always came through often enough). I keep telling my son to be prepared for when our golden age ends, and that all golden ages end. Please remember this is a FRIENDLY forum when you come for me with the pitchforks, and torches LOL.
    My poor Vikings have never won a super bowl even though being there 4 times (most recent was in the 70's) and the hated Packa's next door have won a few in the same time period. The Vikes and the Bills are the models of ineptitude when it comes to big game performance, that's why I personally love the Patriots (note - I still hate the Packer fans LOL).
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 09-06-2017 at 9:14 PM.

Favorite NFL team?!? I thought we didn't discuss religion in this forum.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

near San Diego: unincorporated section of county
    Being a petty, little person, my choice won't be the Los Angeles Chargers.
    Last edited by James Baker SD; 09-06-2017 at 4:05 PM. Reason: can't spell Angeles

need I say more
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post

need I say more
    Bert, I thought we were friends, comrades in arms, devil dogs....

Quote Originally Posted by James Baker SD View Post
    Being a petty, little person, my choice won't be the Los Angeles Chargers.
    Yeah I can fully understand that.

Yes we R Rich so whats this rootin for the Packers LOL
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I like the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS! Tom Brady needed surgery on his hand, so he could play this season
    IMG_1278.JPG
    Last edited by kevin nee; 09-07-2017 at 6:12 AM.

He did???????
    The journey begins tonight.

But you gotta love Fran Tarkenton.

At a few minutes after midnight, it's my 54th birthday. I grew up in Kansas City. Who knew the Chiefs would come through and defeat Brady. New England is 0 - 1. No more of this perfect season nonsense.......

My my my the look on Brady's face says it all
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

Last time the Chiefs spanked the Pats, they won a Super Bowl. Can only hope history repeats itself. Sure did look ugly from here, I'll admit.

Brady was awful.