Thread: Question on pricing labels/stickers

Question on pricing labels/stickers

I am doing a couple craft shows over the next few months. I found these adhesive labels by Avery
    http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Pro...bels_06107.htm

Does anyone have any experience using these labels? Do they damage the finish if left on for a few weeks between craft shows or do I have to remove them and re-price everything every time?

Or, do you have experience and better results using a different brand or product to price turnings?

Thanks
    Ricc Havens
    Elkhart, IN

I only do one show any more. I started using the blue, or green painter's tape. Cut off a nice rectangle, put it on, and then write the price on it. It may not look as fancy as the other labels, but it doesn't leave any residue, and it sticks to just about anything. Now days though, it seems that the manufacturers have to print their names and logos all over it.... No idea if any of the label makers make any non sticky types. In most instances, I think they want the labels to stay on...

robo hippy

Ricc, I've helped my neighbor do a couple of craft fairs and he lets me put a few pieces in his booth in exchange for my help. I've been using the Avery 5422 labels and find that they work quite well. They peel off easily and can be reused, the back of the labels reminds me of post it notes. I also like that they run through the printer quite easily as my penmanship isn't always that great. I would suggest keeping the paper that the labels come on and after your show take the labels off and put them back on the sheet until the next show. I left one on a bowl for a few weeks and it did leave a 'shadow' of sorts on the bowl. A quick buffing cleared it up but it would have been quicker to just remove and replace the label in the first place.

4. I and most other artists at our co-op gallery use these Avery labels. They work well. I have had one come off a time or two, but for the most part they work, and are fairly easy to remove if needed.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

I use the Avery 1x3 similar cut in half to 1x1-1/2. That size seems to work OK and removing after even a year has been easy and not damaged the Renaissance wax finish over a Danish Oil blend.

Price stickers on pieces that are sensitive to sunlight will leave a spot when taken off. You will need to put the price on the bottom or use a price sticker that isn't stuck to the item. Cherry wood is one of the most sensitive.
    Fred

7. Why not skip the sticker and simply display a price sheet? eg:

Hollow forms
    6-8" $$
    10-14" $$$

Bowls
    6-8" $$
    10-12" $$$

Boxes

Seems easier than dealing with stickering each item. But then I don't sell stuff or do shows, so what do I know?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Schoenleber View Post
    Why not skip the sticker and simply display a price sheet? eg:

Hollow forms
    6-8" $$
    10-14" $$$

Bowls
    6-8" $$
    10-12" $$$

Boxes

Seems easier than dealing with stickering each item. But then I don't sell stuff or do shows, so what do I know?
    that would never work in a co-op gallery like I am in........we have nearly 40 artists, and each sale has to be attributed to a particular artist, and it would be impossible to keep track of all those many thousands of inventory pieces just using some price sheets...........stickers are not an issue, unless as Fred mentioned in sunlight, and whenever it is possible, we place price stickers with item numbers, price, etc on the bottom of a piece.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

thanks for the input guys!!

Ricc