Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Layman View Post
Steven, I was never notified of this comment! It's a huge step forward, however the behavior you expressed is not quite what we are experiencing.

What happens for us when we push the decimal is that it moves the bed a specific amount of steps (we can change the value in settings, it's "Focal Height"). It can only be 1-65mm and it goes in the direction that U-Axis -> Axis Dir is set to. We do not experience it "raising the table to the home position" it merely goes the specified millimeter distance and then stops.

So far I am unable to come up with a sequence of steps that really allows this to be helpful but I did discover that adjusting that "Focal Height" parameter allows for the bed to be adjusted by that amount upon starting the machine. So the problem is less obvious. Users have a lee-way of 65mm to go up and down when the machine starts.

Definitely appreciate this improvement a lot. Very grateful.
Jordan,

See if this menu sequence homes your table.
Menu
Integrate
Back Set
Manual Back
4-U Axis

On my X700, this raises the table until it hits the limit switch.

The menu sequence is not exactly convenient.

Pressing the decimal point on my control panel asks me if I want to reset the focus length. If I press Enter to confirm, it homes the table as with the above menu option, then lowers it by the value set for focal length. Are you saying yours moves just in one direction by the amount of the focus length?

If that is the case, then I'm wondering if your table limit switch is stuck closed, or at least seen that way by the controller. Try this in the menu:
Menu
System Test
Input IO

On mine, switch 8 shows as red when the table limit switch is closed (bed at high limit), and green when it is open. Does yours look like this? If you press and release the limit switch while on this screen, you should see one of the input values (#8?) change. If you see nothing changing, then it's very likely your machine thinks the bed is stuck at the top.

When you press the decimal point and the table moves by the amount of the focus length, is it going up or down? If it's going up, you may have the axis direction reversed. I know you said you changed this setting a lot as the only way to move the bed. My U Axis direction is set to positive, and the two settings below that are both negative.

Steve