Thread: Delta Air Cleaner 50-860

Delta Air Cleaner 50-860

I have a few questions regarding this model. I'm looking for some off brand outer filters that will fit. The Delta ones seem very expensive.

Would this remote work ?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Utilitech-1...mer/1000093077

Can I hang this with the short width side against the ceiling ?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    What is the voltage and amp draw of your DC? I use a similar one for a 1HP DC and it has worked for nearly 10 years.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I couldn't find the tech specs for that unit online, but I doubt if it draws even close to 15 amps. I have a JDS that is very similar and I doubt that it draws 10 amps, even on startup.

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I couldn't find any info in the manual.

On the machine itself, it says....V 115, Hz60, A 6.0

Hope that helps.....

The 50-860 draws 10A on start up and 5-6A steady state (running). The remote should work fine (I think I'll get one too). If you need prefilters $11 on Amazon for a 12x24 MERV 11 synthetic filter. If you need a 3 bag they are OMG expensive at $50-$70 a pop. If you find a cheaper 1 micron replacement let me know. Oh if you want/need a manual, I have a PDF,let me know
    Last edited by Bill Berklich; 08-28-2017 at 2:18 PM.

Thanks for the reply. I have the manual. I'll check out the filter. The 3 bag price is crazy.

Do you have a link on the filter ?
    Last edited by Deb Malloy; 08-28-2017 at 8:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deb Malloy View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I have the manual. I'll check out the filter. The 3 bag price is crazy.

Do you have a link on the filter ?
    1 micron filter bags from Wynn are $79 for two. Not much cheaper but Wynn is a really great company to work with.

https://wynnenv.com/products-page/am...cing/122412vb/

Thanks Bill.