Thread: hampshire sheen

hampshire sheen

can this be softened anyway----mine became hard and crusted over---tks,joe

yes I melted mine and poured it into my wife's muffin tin about a 1/4" thick. Made nice silver dollar size pieces that I can press to the turning and then friction polish it works better than trying to get it on a paper towel and then applying it to the turning

Joe if you know what solvent is used to soften the material then a bit of that will help re-soften it. According to its material safety data sheet it looks to be mineral spirits (it's listed as White Spirit in the sheet).

Joe, did you call the manufacturer to see what could be used to soften it, is this a common occurance with Hampshire Sheen?
    Len

I know there is a distributor here in the US, but don't know who. I did chat with the maker at the Symposium in KC. If nothing else, look up Mike Waldt in the UK, well Wales actually, he would respond quickly, and has a bunch of good videos out there...

robo hippy

Joe, you could contact Martin Sabin Smith what to do when it hardens. He is the one who is came up with the recipe for the stuff, and he has a You-Tube site that you could contact him through.
    Len

Do a search for The Walnut Log located in Missouri. Jeff is the owner and distributor for Hampshire Sheen in the U.S.