I've just taken possession of a new house and detached shop building from my contractor, and for budget and entertainment reasons I am going to run my own electrical and finish the interior on my own. I've selected OSB for both walls and ceiling of the 30 x 40 space that will be subdivided by a non load bearing wall into a 14x30 boat bay and 26x30 shop. Pole-barn type construction with both walls and joists 24 on center.

I'm trying to puzzle through the options for wiring, and looking for tips or experiences to help me decide.
1. I could bury my wiring in the studs and nail in handiboxes on wall studs such that I have flush receptacles once the OSB is up. That would be cleanest, perhaps, but I have no prior experience in marking out/notching panels so that they fit around the handiboxes. Are there tricks of the trade for getting that right/tight?

2. Similar to #1, I could bury my wiring in the studs, but leave wires hanging loose - then, each time I put up a panel, I could drill out a hole large enough for the romex to pass through into the back of the handiboxes and surface mount them.

3. Most expensive would be get the walls and ceiling up, then surface mount and run conduit. Since I get a little over-killish on the number of circuits both 120 and 240 that I plan for each wall, that would actually entail double-runs of conduit between boxes on each wall, as I have a lot of wires to pass through.

Thoughts, suggestions, don't-do-that's all welcome...