Thread: Kleen Strip S-L-X Denatured Alcohol vs Kleen Strip Denatured Alcohol Fuel

Kleen Strip S-L-X Denatured Alcohol vs Kleen Strip Denatured Alcohol Fuel

Does anyone what the difference is between these 2 products? I inadvertently purchased the fuel when I meant to buy the S-L-X for thinning shellac.

Quote Originally Posted by John Lill View Post
    Does anyone what the difference is between these 2 products? I inadvertently purchased the fuel when I meant to buy the S-L-X for thinning shellac.
    Near as I can tell, it is just a label transition issue. The newer labels (I think) have the word "fuel" much more prominently displayed.

In the past few years, I'm certain I've purchased both types of labels as well as Sunnyside brand and haven't experienced any noticeable difference. But I don't use the stuff every day. Maybe 2 gallons per year tops.
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Young View Post
    Near as I can tell, it is just a label transition issue. The newer labels (I think) have the word "fuel" much more prominently displayed.

In the past few years, I'm certain I've purchased both types of labels as well as Sunnyside brand and haven't experienced any noticeable difference. But I don't use the stuff every day. Maybe 2 gallons per year tops.
    Thanks, Rob! I thought that was the case.