Thread: Music Stand Hardware

Music Stand Hardware

As stated above, I am looking for music stand hardware. I am building the stand for a couple who is getting married at her church. I've searched and can't seem to find any hardware. Any suggestions would be greatly helpful.

Thanks, Chip

It would be helpful to know what sort of hardware you are looking for. Lots of wood music stands have none; are made entirely of wood.

Last time I made one I made a bracket for the tilt from steel, welded. That might be a possibility if you can't find anything (and don't want to use wood).

JKJ

I was hoping to find some sort of adjustable mechanism I could build around.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Byrd View Post
    I was hoping to find some sort of adjustable mechanism I could build around.
    I assume you are looking for both adjustments - the tilt and the height.

One way to cheat is to buy a wooden music stand that is built around adjustable hardware and steal the hardware. Most are kind of pricey ($100-$300) unless you will settle for a steel post and build around that. ($54, Amazon) Or maybe you can find a quality one that is broken and salvage the parts. If I looked for one I'd call my favorite music stores and even on-line music equipment places.

JKJ