Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying a used DJ-20

Western Roller is a great company to get feeder rollers from.

I noticed the tire and found a source for replacement, but I'm contemplating putting this on the classifieds.... the price may well be come show me how to properly set new blades and take home a feeder....

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Gregory View Post
    The middle tire on the feeder is chewed up, so you will need to replace that first.

You would drill holes in the table of the machine you want to use the feeder on and then bolt the feeder's base to the table. Feeders aren't typically used on jointers but they are absolutely indispensable for a shaper and can be handy for ripping on a 3+ hp cabinet saw or ripping/resawing on a larger bandsaw.

If you are remotely close to southwest MO, I'd take you up on that one, feeders aren't cheap.

i ended up passing on the jointer. It ended up being too far to drive with too many questions and the guy was not budging on price. i think the thing that got me was that he didn't tell me these things until after i agreed to purchase it. i ended up buying a planer instead which was on my short list of things. i found an immaculate bridgewood 15" planer with all the manuals and jigs for knife setting for $700. It makes beautiful cuts. ill probably try and find a helical head for it eventually but right now it functions flawlessly.