Thread: Neanderthal Entertainment video Beijing Furniture

Neanderthal Entertainment video Beijing Furniture

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR5PV...UPo0gwkovQ8Exj

As far as I can tell these joinery techniques were used mostly
    From the Golden Age of China
    1000 to 1500AD

10 minutes of entertainment

Enjoy

I have a couple of very thick books that are Chinese where part is a study on a bunch of museum pieces to understand the joinery. They took a lot apart and used x-rays and imaging to see the rest. One book is full of gorgeous pics and the other has a large section on joinery. It is embarrassing how much has been lost or left behind. A lot were made with no glue or fasteners at all, just designed to stay together once assembled.

Connoiseurship of Chinese Furniture -- it is one of my favorite references on unique joinery.

Excellent entertainment. The iPanda videos that follow are excellent as well.

Thanks for posting.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I am not any kind of expert by any stretch, I just happen to see the very intricate woodwork when visiting some of the old villages that were 800 to 1000 years old or more. The antiques were preserved. The structures were preserved.

Most of the buildings had massive beams I would guess
    16"x 30" for the structure, and then the petitions and trim and furniture were this intricate combination of joinery and carving.

When I got home and researched a little. I found information that the Japanese copied this work from China
    And the Japanese woodwork was based on Chinese work from this time in history.

No idea if this is correct history or not.

The decorative woodwork and furniture I saw was very interesting.the carving work was mind boggling.

And the architecture was fascinating

We went to the old village of Xi'Di in Anhui Province.

You can see a few glimpses in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owFSToJmIaA&list=PLKRjcfGKDoSUJkT8cBgW2LCc gSUYpyZMh
    Last edited by Robert Eckerle; 08-06-2017 at 10:07 PM.