Thread: Question about fence for Rockwell/Delta 28-345 20" band saw

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If you cutoff the fence just slightly longer than you think you would only need a washer or two on the bar to table mounting bolts/spacers to take up the space and make it tight. Too short and you shorten the spacers a bit. Just because the factory made it a certain way doesn't mean it is the best way, just a more expedient way to manufacture.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Christensen View Post
    If you cutoff the fence just slightly longer than you think you would only need a washer or two on the bar to table mounting bolts/spacers to take up the space and make it tight. Too short and you shorten the spacers a bit. Just because the factory made it a certain way doesn't mean it is the best way, just a more expedient way to manufacture.
    Good idea, a lot easier than trying to deal with the situation if you cut it too short.

Move the holes 2 5/8" and shorten the control rod by the same amount. I was going to shorten the fence, just noticed my cut line in the picture. Never got round to it.

DSCF9583.JPG

This is an excellent project. I did my fence several or more years ago? Cheap and the end result is a better fence than what comes on any of the Chinese saws.
    Larry