Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ENDURAMARK New Lower Cost Laser Marking chemical

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    Ok, so I opened up my thimblefull's worth of black.... not kidding, after much shaking I emptied the contents into the lid, and it barely half-filled it. I then poured it back, then I added a equal amount of DNA, then a slightly less than equal amount, so the resulting mix I would estimate at 1.8:1.

I opened a new 3/8" wide soft bristle artists fan brush, which is perfect for coating small areas with Cermark.

As everyone else noted, too thin. And simply put, you can't brush this stuff...

From opening it the day before, some residue was left behind on the lid and bottle. Some of this powder ended up on my black work table. It's pure white, and feels every bit like talcum powder. Might be some plaster of paris involved, not sure. But you can't brush it, because it refuses to flow out, even water-thin. It just 'bunches up' around the brush bristles, and attempting to even it out, the brush acts more like a squeegee, makes it worse. I managed to get 2 coats on a small cowbell, which will be my 'acid test', because only my 80 watt Triumph will reliable fuse Cermark to these bells, my 40 and 30 watt Synrad lasers won't. I'll be testing it later today once I get another job out of the way. I'm also going to test it on some stainless with the Triumph. If it works well on either, I can deal with spraying the stuff if necessary.

We shall see

>edit - the MFR won't like to hear this, but at the rate of DNA mix to make this work, which is 2:1 or less, this stuff will cost MORE per use than Cermark...
    I think they shot themselves in the foot by giving out so little for testing. Especially when you consider the Preval sprayer they included - there's not enough in the sample bottles to use with the sprayer... smh

What's a Preval sprayer, lol.. I got 3 bottles .

========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

They had a brief offer that included a Preval sprayer then they found out that a lot of people preferred sponge brushes.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    They had a brief offer that included a Preval sprayer then they found out that a lot of people preferred sponge brushes.
    I got the same result with the sponge as Kev did with a brush. This stuff is way too thin for anything but a sprayer. If I can't thin it like I can Cermark & use my sponges, it's not likely to save me any money.
    Last edited by Tim Bateson; 08-08-2017 at 5:45 PM.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

Blog Entries
    Yeah, got mine last week, haven't tried any yet. 10grams per sample is pretty small. They would have been better letting you pick which item you wanted to try and sending 30grams of one item out. Did get preval sprayer too... and I don't think 20grams of liquid will work in it either....
    I've been brushing most of my cermark. I did spray some of the laserbond I bought and it does work better spraying that stuff. So I'll get out my airbrush and try these.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

My result was with a sponge brush and it was pretty good but I would also like to see a thicker paste which would provide more thinning and application flexibility. That said, the product does work.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I tested a cowbell and a piece of stainless. I have pics but it's 1:30am, maybe tomorrow..

short version, the stuff DOES work! I'm actually quite pleased with the stainless results!

But there is a slight 'catch'- Whereas Cermark seems to 'deposit' a certain amount to the substrate and all else disintegrates into ash, Enduramark seems to just 'glue' all that was applied to the subtrate with only the very fringes, if that, disintegrating to ash. In other words, if you laser over a hump of this stuff, a black welded-on hump remains, it doesn't seem to level off... This explains the lighter/darker issue with more or less to start with, and why this should be sprayed, but how to explain what's going on? Not that I care that much since I actually got BLACK on stainless using the Triumph! This will open a bunch of doors for me, and give my Triumph a whole lot more work to do! If I have to spray, so be it! BUT, my main concern is: since a substantial amount of this remains raised on the surface, how is sun, rain, snow, lawn sprinklers, dog pee going to affect it? Nearly every piece of stainless I mark will be out in the elements, and in the 15 years I've used it Cermark has proven itself to last outdoors... I really don't need $8000 worth of ski lift operator panels coming back for seconds in a couple of years...

g'nite!
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Somebody's listening!

I just received an email from one of the owners of Enduramark and they are thickening their solution to facilitate brushing and spraying. Just alter the dilution to your specific requirements.

For those of you who have received samples, you may place a re-order so that you can test the new version. As I said before, this product does work and it's nice to know that the company is being responsive.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I concur it DOES work, and if the powers that be can get it to flow out when brushed, that would be fantastic! Otherwise, I still know how to work an airbrush!

Timing on this is typical for me-- I have 400 cowbells to get done and shipped my Monday, and last night I ran off 30 bells, all discolored by Cermark. Only way I can get a replacement batch of laser marking solution, be it 6000, 6030, or Enduramark, I'm looking at ~$80 overnight shipping... meanwhile I'm going to try a few things...
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Wonder how it works with a fiber on stainless? The only working rotary I have is for the fiber, I did try to order the samples before but the website was screwy, maybe I will try Monday.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

I heard on another forum that due to customer complaints, Enduramark would start providing a thicker formula. We'll have to wait & see how much that affects the price.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

Blog Entries
    Got an email to that effect a few minutes ago.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

I just ordered some via email and requested a PayPal Invoice as somehow the website still sucks with IE11. Yes I have used Chrome in the past and love it, but I get tired of all the google directed ads.

ADDED: Got an email from them stating they do not do PayPal and I am the only one in the world having issues with the website. So I got out my MacBook Pro and the website works fine? Not on Internet Explorer 11 and Windows 7 Pro on a laptop however. Got it ordered.... and using PayPal plus $12.72 for shipping, so the "free" shipping offer must be over. I want to see if it works with my Fiber, if so it will really speed things up.
    Last edited by Bill George; 08-12-2017 at 3:52 PM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    I just ordered... ...using PayPal plus $12.72 for shipping, so the "free" shipping offer must be over. I want to see if it works with my Fiber, if so it will really speed things up.
    For the better pricing you had to pay by credit card not PayPal.
    Tim
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

I guess I missed the part about the discount only being good with a Credit Card?? Why would that matter it's both a 3% fee.