Thread: binder in powdercoat for marking steel / chrome

binder in powdercoat for marking steel / chrome

I need to mark a bolt plate for ONE guitar, so don't want to order Cermark, or Enduramark, but likely will if this doesn't wok out. I have sprinkled black powdercoat on steel just for line marking and it worked nice, and just thought that if I mix some liquid in the black powder, I might be able to spray a consistant thickness and get better results, but not sure what liquid. Thinking just lacquer thinner with a little urethane or even epoxy.

Or am I wasting everyones time - just order marking stuff. Will try it and let you know though.
    john.blazy_dichrolam_llc
    Delta Unisaw, Rabbit QX-80-1290 80W Laser, 5 x 12 ft laminating ovens, Powermax 22/44, Accuspray guns, Covington diamond lap and the usual assortment of cool toys / tools.

I've been using turpentine lately, and some stuff Kleenstrip sells called 'Turpatine' which I guess isn't real turpentine, but it acts and smells the same-- synthetic?

Anyway, I quite like the turpatine version (my kids bought it by accident for me)... I use it to clean the goo from cutting Rowmark instead of DNA, it works, and does NOT attack the plastic like DNA does (and DNA attacks Duets material REAL fast FWIW)... It might work for what you're doing because it IS a paint thinner-- it's almost oily, and is very slow to dry compared most thinners.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle