Thread: Fiber laser marked box dimensions

Fiber laser marked box dimensions

I recently noticed that when I draw a box of 100x100 mm, the marked dimension of this box is 100.7 (X) x 101,3 (Y) mm. By changing the (calculated) scale in the field configuration parameters, I was able to get the marked X to exactly 100 mm but Y is still 101.3 mm. How come? I suppose this scale setting is only for X, is there another parameter setting for Y. I couldn't find it, not in EzCad and not in the manual. Or is it actually a hardware issue, aligning of the mirrors or lens or something like that?

BTW, it's a Rayfine 30W laser.
    RayFine RF-9060 80W CO2 laser
    RayFine 30W JPT-LP Fiber Laser
    Pressurized Sandblasting Cabinet
    Sublimation stuff.

Screenshot of my F3 parameters menus below (I'm using a 2 year old version of EZcad so it may not match exactly)
    fsize.jpg
    I put in some arrows-- red arrow indicates that my machine is using Glavo (mirror) 2 for the X axis, which makes mirror 1 the Y axis (obviously )

Blue arrow is pointing to the pushbutton for my Y mirror's scaling, which opens the 'calculate scale' menu with the green button inside... (X scaling is to the right)

What you would do here is enter 100.00 in the 'desired' marking size box, and 101.3 in the 'actual' size box.

The software then makes the correction. If needed (and sometimes is), you can tweak the numbers manually. If so, do yourself a favor and write each number down before each change.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

This! Thanks, Kev, this is great information. I didn't realize that Galvo 1 is for the Y-axis. Shows you how much I know about these fiber lasers. As I wrote above, I already managed to recalculate the X-axis, which is also Galvo 2 in my settings, will adjust Galvo 1 tomorrow. It's always great to see how knowledgeable and helpful you are.

Edit: why wait until tomorrow. I just adjusted Galvo 1 (Y-axis) and I now have a perfect square of 100x100mm.
    Last edited by Erik Goetheer; 09-10-2018 at 4:25 PM.
    RayFine RF-9060 80W CO2 laser
    RayFine 30W JPT-LP Fiber Laser
    Pressurized Sandblasting Cabinet
    Sublimation stuff.

glad I could help
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle