Bill, it would be nice for you to join the Camaster owners. Stout, study machines 100% Made in USA except for the (industry defacto standard Italian HDS spindles) and excellent customer support. The only comparable I'm familiar with is ShopSabre. I hope you're enjoying your time on Camheads...great group of folks who are not afraid to share!

If 2x4 can meet your needs, then the Stinger I SR-24 will kick things up a notch for you. If you can fund the larger Stinger II SR-34 or SR-44, then that opens up more project options for you. Longer is no issue with the SR-24 since you can easily tile long projects, however, as long as you can manage with 2' of width.

On your question about VCarvePro, you can get them to delete the "standard" Vectric software from the order if you buy new and use your existing license. You don't need to re-buy that. You likely don't have the option of using your existing PC for WinCNC as that's bundled with the machine and mated to the controller--the computer is a WinCNC "component". All Camaster machines are hand-built and fully tested before leaving the factory as a turn-key system. They can't do that if they allowed a 3rd party computer. What you can do is take your exciting Win10 machine and use it as your design machine...most folks prefer "separation of church and state" when it comes to those functions. While I'll do some really simple things in the shop on the controller computer or tweak and error, I prefer to do the drawing and toolpathing in my office on a more capable computer with a much larger display.