Hey all, looking for some advice.

In the next few weeks I'm having a larger white oak felled that died last year. At chest height the diameter is 28", and I'm estimate 25' before the first branches.

Assuming that the wood is still good, there is a local guy with a Wood-Mizer with 36" capacity. Since I have the opportunity, I'm considering having the sawyer come out and custom cut some of the lumber into a slab top for a second workbench. My primary bench is a 2'x8' split top Roubo made from reclaimed old growth 2x10 pine laminated to form the top and legs.

I see 2 major options as diagrammed below:
bench.jpg
Option 1:
Estimating I can get a 5x24" slab.
Pros:Largest possible single slab dimension. The QS areas would be fairly stable.
Cons: Contains the pith. My guess is that it'll crack. Heavy as hell to move.

Option 2:
Estimating I can get (2) 5x16-18" slabs. Could theoretically make a 32-36" wide bench that doubles as TS outfeed.
Pros: Does not contain pith. Basically flat sawn lumber, so less likely to crack. Moving each slab easier (but not easy)
Cons: Not a single slab. Higher chance of cupping. Using 2 slabs would be a hell of a big bench, or if only using 1 slab a very narrow one.

I'm leaning towards option 2, as I can then also get some additional QS from the area between them. However, I welcome your inputs.
I am planning on coating the endgrain with anchorseal immediately.