Thread: Thornapple value per bf

Thornapple value per bf

I have about 100bf of Thornapple. I've never seen it anywhere. Any idea where and what the cost is per bf if I need nore. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Starch View Post
    I have about 100bf of Thornapple. I've never seen it anywhere. Any idea where and what the cost is per bf if I need nore. Thanks
    No clue, but you might search for it under some of it's different names: hawthorn, May-tree, whitethorn, hawberry

JKJ

Terry,

Some woods, however nice, have so little commercial history that they don't have an agreed upon price; in effect, the wood is worth whatever you're willing to pay to have some custom sawn for you... if you can find a willing sawyer and he can find some trees or logs.

Interesting...I've never seen a Thornapple that would be worth even thinking about milling.

There's a few on our property, I avoid them, tires are expensive.

Ed

I've never seen Thornapple lumber. Would you be so kind as to post a few pics for the curious?

Ashtray and guitar hanger out of Thornapple.
    20161108_133723.jpg
    20170510_184648.jpg

Not familiar with that wood,nice looking stuff,going to look it up. Think the dish is better as overnight pocket contents holder! Too nice for ash tray.

Beautiful, Terry! Did you find a source for some more of that?

JKJ

Thanks guys. I make the ashtrays with the end of the pieces. I've made and sold about 15 of the guitar hangers. I made this one for me. It's like a tray or whatever, not an ashtray. Everyone that has bought them as a ashtray used it as art in their man cave.

20161204_140551.jpg