Thread: Identifying tools and their worth

Identifying tools and their worth

If anyone could help in what these tools are, what they are used for and a reasonable asking price for them, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mostly metalworking tools. alignment/setup gauges, obviously you can use compasses for a lot of things, micrometer, milling bits.

That's all metalworking stuff. The first one is a dial indicator along with a setup arm for it. #2 compass (no idea what the two things on the right are). #3 is a micrometer (Starret is good stuff). #4 is slit saws for a milling machine. #5 - the round items that look like fat drills are end mills for a milling machine and the square bars are for a metal lathe.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Macy View Post
    That's all metalworking stuff. The first one is a dial indicator along with a setup arm for it. #2 compass (no idea what the two things on the right are). #3 is a micrometer (Starret is good stuff). #4 is slit saws for a milling machine. #5 - the round items that look like fat drills are end mills for a milling machine and the square bars are for a metal lathe.
    The four things on the right are adjustable parallels.
    Ballpark guesses on value:
    The indicator set $40
    Compasses and dividers $10-20, Adjustable parallels $20-30 depending on brand.
    Starrett 0-1 micrometer $20-30 - it's actually a high end Starrett that reads in tenths (.0001)
    The slitting saws are valuable and expensive when bought new. Finding the right buyer for them will be a challenge. The two white items are honing/sharpening stones. $5
    The lathe turning bits and endmills are a crapshoot depending on condition. Not much value unless you find the right person.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Thank you so much, I really do appreciate everyone taking time out of their day and answering. Have a great day. p.s. these were all things from a friends elderly parent and she doesn't know what to do with them, and nor did I, lol

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Any technical vocational schools nearby? I'm sure they would like to take them off your hands.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney