Thread: Grizzly G 0507 20” bandsaw

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy Grizzly G 0507 20” bandsaw

Hello Everyone,
    It’s been sometime since I posted last, although, I have stopped in every once in a while to read some of the posts. I had an interesting experience with my Grizzly G 0507 20” bandsaw almost two weeks ago. Flipped the switch and the TIRE broke. I have never broken a blade much less thrown a tire on this saw. Upon close inspection the TIRE did not actually; brake, shrewd, tear, come loose or ride off the wheel but was crystallized within the rubber – no adherence within the rubber ( 3/16” thick x 1” 3/16” wide with a center bead on the bottom of the tire that tracks in the grove on the steel wheel ). Obviously this defect has been there since I bought the saw and just waited for the right position on the big wheel for me to throw the switch, well it finally happened and this is a saw I do not use often but is available when I need it. I called Grizzly and explained what had happened and they told me up front its out of warranty and I explained this was NOT a normal wear and tear issue but a crystallized defect from day one, so they asked me for pics and I sent them nine. Very next day they called me, they still were NOT going to cover it. I’ll include as many pics as I can on this site, its been a while.

This reminds me of a lawn mower manufacture a few years back, when they had trouble with their zero-turn transmissions ( wheel motors ). I was, at that time and still am a member of that site and there were quit a few mowers with bad transmissions ( wheel motors ), it was so bad there was talk of a CLASS ACTION SUIT against this particular manufacture. So what the manufacture did, after a period of time they increased the warranty time from TWO to FIVE years. In doing so, they knew that most of their problems started after 500 hours or there about ( beyond the five year period) and most people would have their mowers most likely longer than that. Of course by extending the warranty, most people thought they had fixed the problem. And there are still a number of these mowers around today – ticking time bombs with a big bill ahead of them. This is what you call smart business practice.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Boyd Gathwright; 04-26-2017 at 3:00 PM.
    Every man’s work is always a portrait of himself.