Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rowmark Called

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Bateson View Post
    For those who have not tried Duets - the settings are very different than Rowmark. I had complained to Gemini & they sent me several free sheets and the proper settings.
    How so? Less power or more power? I found my same raster & vector settings for LaserMax worked for Duets.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Chance in Iowa View Post
    How so? Less power or more power? I found my same raster & vector settings for LaserMax worked for Duets.

Rastering - a little less Power. Vector - Half the Power.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Bateson View Post
    Rastering - a little less Power. Vector - Half the Power.
    Interesting. I re-ran tests on the red/white sample they sent me. I still found my best results were using the same settings as I use for LaserMax. Dropping vector to half the power only gave me a half-way cut. The black/white sample allowed me to use a little less power to raster, while vector was still the same. What I found different on the red/white & black/white samples mailed to me was that all I needed was WD-40 to clean them or Goo Gone. The black still smeared black dust into the white area, but another wipe with the cloth cleaned it out. It wasn't that easy with some other colors I was engraving in the last few weeks.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

All their products should take a little more power on the vector. Rowmark's 1/16" thick material measures about .050" (almost 1/64" under 1/16") and Gemini's products appear to measure .062".
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

We use the same settings for Duets, Rowmark and Trolase.
    Epilog Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    All their products should take a little more power on the vector. Rowmark's 1/16" thick material measures about .050" (almost 1/64" under 1/16") and Gemini's products appear to measure .062".
    Steve,

The Rowmark LaserMark are 0.050 thickness, LaserMax is advertised as 1/16"
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software