Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yearly Festool price increase April 3 this year

Yearly Festool price increase April 3 this year

While they have pushed it back from their usually April Fools day price increase (maybe recognizing the irony) it will happen again this year as usual.

Several vendors have compiled lists but here is the one from Toolnut: http://www.festoolproducts.com/festo...ease-2017.html

If you are still waiting on a Pro 5 and the $50 voucher note you can buy the other tool now and use the voucher when the Pro 5 arrives and avoid getting part of the voucher eaten up by the price increase.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Thankfully, the only Festool item I will be wanting for awhile is the Carvex jigsaw.

Kind of ridiculous with dollar having been strong all year.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinis Kanders View Post
    IIRC the increase has been larger in the past. In any event I think Festool acts somewhat like Veblen good in the US.

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinis Kanders View Post
    Yes I wholeheartedly agree. I usually don't get too bent out of shape about their annual foolishness - they are a business after all and if we continue to buy then more power to them. But this year it just flies all over me. With current exchange rates it would be hard enough to justify an increase at all, but increase of this magnitude is just beyond the pale in my opinion.

This may be the year I abandon the green. Of course, thankfully, there's not much left for me to buy anyway.

Glad I bought everything I wanted from them already. Unless they come out with some amazingly upgraded version of a tool I already have Im good for a long while I think. Good part about price increases such as these is that they also increase resale value!
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Keep in mind that *most* of these increase are on par with the rate of inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    If you are still waiting on a Pro 5 and the $50 voucher note you can buy the other tool now and use the voucher when the Pro 5 arrives and avoid getting part of the voucher eaten up by the price increase.
    How would this work? I just today got notice that my sander has shipped. I have decided to buy a carvex jigsaw with my voucher. How can I use the voucher that I won't have for a week on a tool I'm buying now?

You do not use the voucher at the time of the second tool purchase. You buy the second tool then you go to the website listed below and enter the voucher code along with the serial number of the sander then the serial number of the tool and a few other bits of information and they send you a $50 check in the mail, they say it takes 4-6 weeks but mine all came in about 3 weeks. So just buy the Carvex and as soon as you have both the sander and the jigsaw in your hands you can submit the claim. Easy peasy.

http://festoolusa.com/contact/pro-5-ltd/

Awesome! Thanks.

One other note, the voucher can be used for any tool bought after November 1, 2016 when the Pro 5 sanders were first released.

Carvex ordered. Spend $365 to save $7.

Makes sense to me!

Then when I get my $50 check, I can spend that!

It's raining money!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zellers View Post
    Carvex ordered. Spend $365 to save $7.

Makes sense to me!

Then when I get my $50 check, I can spend that!

It's raining money!!!

Now thats the attitude!

I took out a 2nd mortgage and purchased my DC and ROS just days ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Shewmake View Post
    I took out a 2nd mortgage and purchased my DC and ROS just days ago!

Amateur. After I got turned down for a 3rd mortgage I got me a new side hustle. I taught my dog to limp and whimper when touched, now we go from vet to vet building up our supply of dog pain killers, then we come home and Mudflap (<what better name for a doggie drug dealer) slings our product to the neighborhood dogs, and the occasional cat. Now if I could just get Bob Marino to accept Milk Bones and half chewed dog toys in payment I would be good, I just never knew dogs were so cash poor...

I still think Mudflap is holding out on me... I mean where did she get the money for an Omega Ploprof???

rsz_004.jpg