Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well. What did santa bring y'all

Well. What did santa bring y'all

I seen the neanders had this section w great responders. Let's hear what we all got. Me personally. I had a great birthday/xmas season.
    For xmas particularly, the wife really out did herself. She had a custom electric iron made up w my company name, my personal name. And a small treadle lathe all in the branding iron.

2. Nothing turning related (yet ) my sons went together and got me a new ipad Pro, which is very nice - I am using it now to interact on this forum.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

A ukulele. Look out world. Hmm, tuned a bit different from a guitar...

JKJ

BILLS and more BILLS

Warm Weather!! It's 80 degrees in Houston! We were wearing shorts for Christmas!!!!
    Don't let it bring you down,
    It's only castles burning,
    Just find someone who's turning,
    And you will come around

Neil Young (with a little bit of emphasis added by me)

Board member, Gulf Coast Woodturners Association

Just got back from my shop, I have a birthday right by xmas. It was a total vortex holiday for me. I got the Trent Bosch setup. I really really like this setup. I got the hunter carbide tools w it. They took some time to figure out. But wow do they work well. The stabilizer is now my favorite tool ever. I also got a new chuck and 2 CBN wheels. I feel like a new woodturner with all these new tools. I cannot believe how sharp my tools are. O yea I got some Thompson gouges and robust rests too.

Blog Entries
    That's not Christmas sounds like you hit the lottery to me. Congrats

A screaming infant, very little sleep and copious amounts of poop. Shocking amounts of poop, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Beagle View Post
    Just got back from my shop, I have a birthday right by xmas. It was a total vortex holiday for me. I got the Trent Bosch setup. I really really like this setup. I got the hunter carbide tools w it. They took some time to figure out. But wow do they work well. The stabilizer is now my favorite tool ever. I also got a new chuck and 2 CBN wheels. I feel like a new woodturner with all these new tools. I cannot believe how sharp my tools are. O yea I got some Thompson gouges and robust rests too.
    You lucky guy. Can I come to your house next Christmas?
    If it's broke, fix it. If it's not, fix it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Stephen View Post
    A screaming infant, very little sleep and copious amounts of poop. Shocking amounts of poop, honestly.
    Enjoy it while you can. They grow up really fast. Then they start telling you how to act.....
    If it's broke, fix it. If it's not, fix it anyway.

A couple of good Hand Engraving jobs, that'll allow me to attend the TAW Symposium, and get a vintage tube amp (to convert to guitar amp). Also a couple nice pieces of 1.5" sq x 1/8" wall aluminum tubes (going to make a hollowing rig). I hope the other 2 Hand Engraving jobs pan out so I can pay down a few bills.
    Maker of Fine Kindling, and small metal chips on the floor.
    Embellishments to the Stars - or wannabees.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Justin Stephen View Post
    Congratulations to you & Mrs. Stephen! I remember you mentined at the symposium that she was near full term. Boy or girl?
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chandler View Post
    Congratulations to you & Mrs. Stephen! I remember you mentined at the symposium that she was near full term. Boy or girl?
    Thanks! Girl, her name is Hannah.

It's not normally like that. See my wife and I both turned 40 this year. Well her birthday was in June. And I went all out for her party and surprise and gifts. So she went all out for mine. Was gonna get me a party and gifts. But I opted for no party and cash. I have a little left for a vacuum chuck. Also. I forgot. My good friend is also a turner. Gave me his brand new vacuum pump. He opted for a much bigger unit to also use for vacuum forming. So it's been a great holiday. My favorite new item is the Bosch system. I can't say enough about it. Also. The CBN wheels are totally a game changing item. I sharpened a gouge yesterday and touched down on some ash. I could not even believe how sharp my tool was. I opted for the 180-350 combo. My scrapers are so sharp now. I hit them w 180, then the veritas burnisher. Then you have a burr that is just unreal.

A couple Dway beading tools (actually two sets), a beal buffing extension and a Robo rest. My wife and sister got me the same beading tools so I sent back one pair to exchange for a couple other tools from Dave. Everyone knows how nice those beading tools are but I was equally impressed with this Robo Rest. It is going to be really nice for scrapers and neg rake scrapers. Very well made. My hat is off to Reed on that one.