Thread: can you re-flock if not enough fibers are there?

can you re-flock if not enough fibers are there?

I'm flocking the inside of a box I made(will post pictures when it's done), and the bottom, despite being COVERED in flocking fibers, does not have that much on it once I came back in the morning and shook out the extra. Can I reapply the adhesive over top of the box's bottom, and go for one more pass?

I wouldn't, unless you see wood through the flocking and just "have to". If you add adhesive over the flocking that's already there, I'm concerned the resulting flocking will feel stiff or even lumpy.

When I have used that stuff, it's usually resulted in a very thin coating of flocking. I never really get much of a padded effect. So what you're seeing may not be unusual.

Plus, this is a really special gift, right? If it gets crapped up, it won't be as readily correctable as the shellac was. This is glue.

Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

OK, I took your advice. I just finished the box. I'll get some pictures together and post them up.