Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video Camera and Monitor for Hollowing

Another option is call Trent Bosch and order a Visualizer.
    Best $600 hollowing tool I have purchased.

Hi John,

I have a couple of Trent's hollowers. I'm curious as to how the Visualizer over-arm bar attaches to the Stabilizer articulated arm mechanism. It's not very clear on his site although I can see the parts provided.

Looks like it attaches directly on top of the pivot mount for the hollowing tool but I can't see how. Do you feel it is a solid mount?

Thanks,
    Richard
    RD

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Dooling View Post
    Hi John,

I have a couple of Trent's hollowers. I'm curious as to how the Visualizer over-arm bar attaches to the Stabilizer articulated arm mechanism. It's not very clear on his site although I can see the parts provided.

Looks like it attaches directly on top of the pivot mount for the hollowing tool but I can't see how. Do you feel it is a solid mount?

Thanks,
    Richard

Richard,
    you are correct. There is a coupler that screws into the pivot mount of the Stabililizer. The mast of the visualizer goes into the coupler and is held in place by a set screw. Very stable and solid. All the components of the Visualizer are bomb-proof.

Hope that helps.
    I really like all of Trent's tools. Super heavy duty!

John

John,

I'm not surprised to read that you feel Trent's setup is solid. My experience with his tools has been very positive.

I appreciate the response,

Richard
    Last edited by Richard Dooling; 12-08-2016 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Pour english
    RD

5. This concept would be great for also having a fixed camera mounted above the lathe pointing down and you could print or draw profiles on a transparency and use it for duplicating or trying new pre-planned design ideas. Probably might not work so great for long pieces like table legs, but for pepper mills, bottle stoppers, etc, this might be perfect. I think I am going to find a camera and monitor ASAP!