Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Kind of Hat do You Wear

What Kind of Hat do You Wear

Though I wear baseball hats in the summer, when fall gets here I go toward the Irish Patch hats and wool Fedora hats. The military trained us to wear "covers" all the time so it seems normal. What hats do you folks wear?

hat.jpeg s-l1600.jpg

Baseball hat in most of year and a stocking cap when it is cold.

Since I am hair challenged on top, I need the baseball hat to avoid mosquitoes and Sun burn. In the winter, I need to avoid frost bite.

I do no like hats. I will wear one only for utilitarian reasons. I have know people that have to have one on their heads at all times. They do, in fact, often give me a headache. The forgoing is in all due respect.

Blog Entries
    I have been a beret wearer since the mid 60's
    I have been identified as the short guy with a mustache and a beret.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Ball caps only occasionally, Henschel Breezer Hat for yard work or if I'm going to be in the sun for extended periods.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I wear a ball cap if my hair looks worse than said hat. I don't wear one on Sunday and especially not to church. Other than that, I usually don't wear hats because I really don't care what I look like during the week. Besides nobody sees me except Sunday and Saturday, and I don't need something else echoing the voices in my head anymore than they already do.
    I was once a woodworker, I still am I'm just saying that I once was.

Chop your own wood, it will warm you twice. -Henry Ford

I wear a beanie in cold weather and a soft brim towelling hat when sunny. It's too windy here for wide brim hats. Elsewhere I used to wear a traditional Australian leather stockman's hat. The old man used to wear his WW2 beret all the time. Cheers

Ball caps most of the time when I wear a hat. When I elk hunted, I often wore a balaclava rolled as knit hat until the weather go nasty, then down as a balaclava.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Frank View Post
    Baseball hat in most of year and a stocking cap when it is cold.

Since I am hair challenged on top, I need the baseball hat to avoid mosquitoes and Sun burn. In the winter, I need to avoid frost bite.
    +1 ...on all counts.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

I wear baseball caps in the warmer months. But when it gets colder I start wearing my wool Greek fisherman's hat. That's the type of hat that I think only looks good on one if you have a beard.

Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

With the farm I'm outside much of the day, year around.

In the summer I often wear a wide-rimmed fiber hat that "breathes"; the rim minimizes the sun exposure.

tractor_P6051251e.jpg

When cooler or wet I wear one of several wide-rimmed hats, either a sturdy "cowboy" type hat or a similar but lighter-weight hat I bought in the central highlands in Mexico in an area where every male over the age of 6 wore one of these all day. "Cowboy" hats function as umbrellas to keep rain off the head and face and the hands free while feeding or wrangling animals. Good for whacking yellow jackets too.

When riding horses it's a dorky-looking riding helmet.

horseback.jpg

In the winter it's a warm knit hat plus ear warmers.

When cutting trees I wear a Stihl hard hat with attached face shield and hearing protection.

When working on the beehives the hat has a veil - I hate getting stung on the face.

bee_suit.jpg

When surf fishing it's a cap - a bigger hat blows away.

fishing_PA265221.jpg

JKJ

An Austrian (I think) Jacarm hat. I love that it keeps the weather off the (getting bigger) bald spot! Some of the family don't like it, but I've learned to live with that.

When it gets colder, out comes the furry mountie style hat with the ear flaps. Family's not crazy about that either... Kind of starting to see a trend here!

I always thought, better warm than fashionable...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...

Blog Entries
    This is mine......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

My hat.IMG_0621.jpg
    Fred