Quote Originally Posted by Ron Philman View Post
For reasons mentioned above, my own experience, as well as other Full Spectrum reviews on SawMill - I don't recommend FS or buying direct from China.
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...age2&p=2082655
I remember that thread. Almost four years old and its OP, as well as a few others, basically state that their experience was fine. FS has grown a lot in that time and did away with the K40 (Gen 4) machine, that caused so much trouble (Hey Bert!), in favor of the Gen 5+ that you might see at Rockler as well as its Weiki Pro models. The owner finally realized his shortcomings in CS/marketing and hired talented professionals to help grow the company into a much more mature business. Some will be satisfied and some will not -- like any company or product.

That said, if the OP is still tuning in, my humble vote would be for a Rabbit USA machine intended for a high school robotics team. You'll get the support and training to hit the ground running and any issues that a robotics team encounters will likely be solved easily and make a good learning experience with motion control, lasers, optics, etc. Parts are cheap and widely available. I suspect cutting will be what the machine is used for and you will get a lot of bang for the buck. It will also be gentle on a school's tight budget. FS and Boss will likely be fine too.

Good luck!