Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone read The Woodworker, The Charles Hayward Years?

Good Books!

Well, I finally made up my mind after reading the excerpts posted on the LAP website. I ordered
    Volume I: Tools and Volume III: Joinery. I may buy Volume III - don't know yet. And I haven't seen a table of contents or an excerpt of Volume IV. Anyone have it yet?

LAP does a beautiful job on their books and as soon as mine arrived I knew that they were worth the money. They are full size books - basically textbook size. Volume I has over 400 pages. Yes, there's repetition, but as someone else said, there are different nuggests in each article.

I figure I'll read Volume III as I need it - keep it mainly for reference. But Volume I is already yielding valuable sharpening tips that I can apply immediately. In his first article, I realized that I havent been getting the burr off my edge consistently and how to

I'm glad I bought them. For me, they're worth the money.

Fred

I've got all four volumes - and LOVE them. Aside from supporting Lost Art Press (which is a great resource for us craftsmen), it is an invaluable reference guide. I read all four volumes once, cover-to-cover. Now I go back and read specific sections as I need them. And often browse the book before beginning a project - to see if there are any tips that can help my techniques on that build.

I highly recommend purchasing them.

Thanks Ted!

All: In case it helps, I got a note from LAP yesterday saying that they'd post an excerpt of Volume 4 this week.

Fred

Blog Entries
    I went online and ordered it.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    I went online and ordered it.
    That's great! Please let us know how you like it!