Thread: design jumping

design jumping

Here are 2 designs my daughter-in-law did. The first one came out great, when she put the board in the second time. The design went wavey on her. It is a Epilog 24'' mini 40 watt. This is her machine now & I would like to get this fixed before I leave home to my Speedy 400...lol

Thanks Ronhome sweet home1 (1).jpghome sweet home1 (2).jpg

Ron
    Just a shot in the dark, but this could be a communication issue. I would disconnect the cable between the pc and the laser; examine it and reconnect it.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Dirty strip encoder possible cause.
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software

Happens to me about once a week engraving on my speedy 300. Not sure what causes it but it's fine other than that randomly once a week for us. Interested to hear others ideas on what causes this.
    Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w
    Thunderlaser Mars-130 with EFR 130w tube
    Signature Rotary Engravers (2)
    Epson F6070 Large Format Printer, Geo Knight Air Heat Presses (2)

IF you have an encoder, THEN it's the problem-- 99% sure anyway,

My Explorer started doing precisely the same thing a few months ago, the engraving kept 'walking' to the right.

This thing has an encoder disk on the back of the X servo motor, just a very thin plastic disk about an inch in diameter, it passes thru a slot in a hall-effect switch. It was quite dirty, and even had a kink in it (or looked like it did). I removed it, cleaned it, the kink was gone once I put it back together and it's been engraving perfectly ever since.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I'd try cleaning your encoder strip. If issue remains flip your flex cable, if this solves it order a new one. If the previous ideas don't work it could be your encoder reader.

In 8ish years my issues have generally fallen to the flex cable or a dirty encoder strip.

Let me me know if you need help with any of the suggested fixes.

Good luck!
    Epilog Helix 60 watt, Epilog 36EXT 75 watt, 2 Rotary Attachments, 3 Jaw Chuck Rotary Attachment, Kern 52x100 400 watt putting out 580 watts, Photobrasive Laser Mask, Rayzist 1924 Blast Cabinet, ikonics blast cabinet, SR3000 Resist, Epson 1400 Printer, 1 Paragon Glass Kiln, Covington Wet Belt Sander/Polisher, 2 JDS Air Filtration Units, 14" Stone Saw, and A Few Other Things I Forgot About!

Where is the encoder strip on the Trotec s?
    Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w
    Thunderlaser Mars-130 with EFR 130w tube
    Signature Rotary Engravers (2)
    Epson F6070 Large Format Printer, Geo Knight Air Heat Presses (2)

Thanks everyone, again great ideas. Will check in the morning. I did cleaned the encoder strip tonight.

It could also be the gear on the motor that drives the belt is full of dirt. This happened to me a few times. It is hard to remove the dirt. Try using a
    tooth pick as not to harm the gear. The belt slips over the gear an causes the problem. Good luck.
    Epilog EXT 40 watt, Legend 24TT 45 watt, Corel 3X, Deckel pantographs, Meistergram 18-28 (2)

Well I took off the encoder & cleaned under it well. Now it's working great, plus we cleaned the encoder strip. Thanks for all your help, now I can go home & run my Speedy...lol

Thanks Ron