Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: G0766 speed control is whacked.

For the Tool Rest Locking Lever p/n is P0766054, if you mean the threaded bolt and lever that lock the height of the tool rest. For the G0766 the parts diagram is:
    https://www.grizzly.com/products/g0766/parts
    Maker of Fine Kindling, and small metal chips on the floor.
    Embellishments to the Stars - or wannabees.

Here is the tool rest part # I mentioned before. After talking with Technical Support, we have created the warranty replacement order #9032598 to send the replacement P0698013 Tool rest lock lever to you at no charge. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I took your advice and bought a better one along time ago just to have it on hand. I think Newark was the source.

Here's a couple of picture of the 2nd failed potentiometer. The coil ahs frayed near the middle causing dead shorts. I sure hope the 3rd will behave, but I have the Honeywell in my back pocket as a spare in case.

1107171100.jpg1107171057a.jpg1107171057.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Greenbaum View Post
    Here's a couple of picture of the 2nd failed potentiometer. The coil ahs frayed near the middle causing dead shorts. I sure hope the 3rd will behave, but I have the Honeywell in my back pocket as a spare in case.
    I can't believe that they use wirewound pots which are more appropriately intended for applications where the pot setting is rarely adjusted. As mentioned previously, conductive plastic pots are the only solution that makes sense.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Boehme View Post
    I can't believe that they use wirewound pots which are more appropriately intended for applications where the pot setting is rarely adjusted. As mentioned previously, conductive plastic pots are the only solution that makes sense.
    What would a good replacement, that is made in USA, and can handle 1000's of rotations be? I've got the Honeywell as a spare, but is that going to be sufficient? What do Powermatics use? I cannot find a good alternate part number for theirs, and $75 for a control pot seems a bit much $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Greenbaum View Post
    What would a good replacement, that is made in USA, and can handle 1000's of rotations be? I've got the Honeywell as a spare, but is that going to be sufficient? What do Powermatics use? I cannot find a good alternate part number for theirs, and $75 for a control pot seems a bit much $$$.
    If the Honeywell pot has the right form factor (¼" shaft diameter with threaded mounting bushing that fits the hole size), linear taper, and correct resistance then you should be good to go. Conductive plastic pots have excellent specs WRT wear cycles. It's not necessary to go to MIL-SPEC pots unless you're turning in extreme environments (South Pole, steaming jungle with fungus growing on everything, salt water spray, top of Mount Everest, bottom of Mariana Trench in the Pacific Ocean, Sahara desert sandstorm and 130°, Mississippi delta mud, direct nuclear hit, run over by a tank, etc).

BTW, the pot referenced in post #7 isn't MIL-SPEC, it's commercial grade, but it's perfect for what you want.
    Last edited by Bill Boehme; 11-08-2017 at 9:03 PM. Reason: More information
    Bill

What I ordered that took the long way around from SA to CA to USA was this: