Thread: Roses

Roses

These roses in white oak are for a massive carving project a friend is doing . There are a bunch of these getting carved along with grape clusters in a similar grouping . Gothic panels 8' wide and 75' tall are also getting carved.

He did a model in clay ( as he will for each piece getting carved) and then made a resin casting from it which is in the photo . Since both left and right carvings are needed I took te ones that will be the mirror image of the model he made.
    carved in one piece , approx. 6" W x 6 1/2" tall with both traditional and " old world" roses .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Woodworking Studio

Gorgeous work!
    Hopefully you will give us more pics of work in progress.
    75 feet tall! Where is this going?
    Mike
    From the workshop under the staircase, Clinton Township, MI
    Semper Audere!

Thanks.
    all the work is going into a church . They're adding a couple thousand more pipes to their organ and the carvings , high as they are, will be the screens.
    The Woodworking Studio

Here is the elevation . Again , 7 stories tall ( a big church) and this is all new construction going on in Oak
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Woodworking Studio

Love that Deco Gothic look! But your work should get some more square footage!

Thanks Mel, but with how this guy can carve ( makes me look like I use a sharp spoon and an axe) I'm honored to be a part of this multi year project . Given time my contributions will add up .
    The Woodworking Studio