Page 46 of 118 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast

Thread: Glowforge release

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Hilton View Post
    Well they're operating comfortably on investor seed money and have all the income from pre-orders earning an estimated .75% interest. If they go bankrupt it's going to take a REALLY long time. More than likely they'll have shorter delays going forward, but I expect they'll ship all their orders.

They may be operating on investors money but that may dry up if they keep postponing delivery and people start to pull their money out. 2 years is a long time to tie up someones money with nothing to show for it and then have the CEO claim that delivery updates would be advantageous to the competition when just a couple weeks ago he said he would give updates. Sounds like a lot of double talk from a lawyer.

Blog Entries
    Well, that supposed $45million, is probably closer to 30 now after the last delays. And three guys drawing a couple of mill each for two years and 50 or so people at a 100k each plus a mill or two each year for just building and other expenses, plus real development of a few milk a year and they are getting close. Easy $20mill is spent.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    They may be operating on investors money but that may dry up if they keep postponing delivery and people start to pull their money out. 2 years is a long time to tie up someones money with nothing to show for it and then have the CEO claim that delivery updates would be advantageous to the competition when just a couple weeks ago he said he would give updates. Sounds like a lot of double talk from a lawyer.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post
    Well, that supposed $45million, is probably closer to 30 now after the last delays. And three guys drawing a couple of mill each for two years and 50 or so people at a 100k each plus a mill or two each year for just building and other expenses, plus real development of a few milk a year and they are getting close. Easy $20mill is spent.
    The supposed $45 million is an almost $59 million, not including sales revenue after the crowd-funding campaign. It was my understanding that the pre-order revenue is kept in seperate accounts, like escrow, so it would always be available, if a customer wanted a refund.

I skimmed through their forum yesterday and it seems the latest update (Feb '17) indicated that hundreds of units were shipping through Feb. and scaling up to thousands by April, with most shipping in May and all delivered by the end of July.

They will ship. I don't think there's any fraud or bankruptcy in their immediate future. They sent one to Make Magazine and they reviewed it not too long ago. Said it was riddled with problems, but problems that were fixable with software changes, and overall, they said it was just about ready for the public.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McCoy View Post
    I skimmed through their forum yesterday and it seems the latest update (Feb '17) indicated that hundreds of units were shipping through Feb. and scaling up to thousands by April, with most shipping in May and all delivered by the end of July.
    Well there you go! Every unit sold will be delivered by the end of July. If I were a betting man I'd bet that there is 100% chance that the July delivery won't happen. I'd even go so far as to say that they won't be completely delivered this year, if at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    and overall, they said it was just about ready for the public.
    There is a quote often attributed to PT Barnum that comes to mind when I read this.

The supposed $45 million is an almost $59 million, not including sales revenue after the crowd-funding campaign. It was my understanding that the pre-order revenue is kept in seperate accounts, like escrow, so it would always be available, if a customer wanted a refund.

I reread the forum and no where id Dan say that hundreds were shipping. It was one of the poster that assumed they would ship hundreds in Feb. If they were shipping then you would think that Dan would post that production units are going out. He said he would not post any updates

I think the problem time will be between 3 and 6 months after full release. Not having somebody onboard that understands resonators is going to come back and bite them....HARD
    You did what !

I reread the forum and no where id Dan say that hundreds were shipping. It was one of the poster that assumed they would ship hundreds in Feb. If they were shipping then you would think that Dan would post that production units are going out. He said he would not post any updates
    In the Feb '17 update thread, about 8 days ago. Looks like he's doing monthly updates and reponding to questions in their forum.

Blog Entries

I call bull on shipping any yet. If they were shipping true production units to true end useres there would be zero reason to keep things secret now! And the news would be all over the place. And feb is almost over. And that original fund s going down every day..... Refunds.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

[QUOTE=Matt McCoy;2659518]In the Feb '17 update thread, about 8 days ago. Looks like he's doing monthly updates and reponding to questions in their forum.[/QUOTE

Did you read the part where Dan said he would not be giving updates. That is what people are upset about. Earlier Dan had said he would be updating but now he reneged on that

[QUOTE=Jerome Stanek;2659636]
    In the Feb '17 update thread, about 8 days ago. Looks like he's doing monthly updates and reponding to questions in their forum.[/QUOTE

Did you read the part where Dan said he would not be giving updates. That is what people are upset about. Earlier Dan had said he would be updating but now he reneged on that
    The exact statement I directed you to has a reply that says "Thanks again for the monthly updates. They are definitely appreciated." It is in the thread titled "Latest Update (Feb '17)" and starts off with "...our schedule is unchanged, and we continue to deliver units...".

[QUOTE=Matt McCoy;2659684]

The exact statement I directed you to has a reply that says "Thanks again for the monthly updates. They are definitely appreciated." It is in the thread titled "Latest Update (Feb '17)" and starts off with "...our schedule is unchanged, and we continue to deliver units...".

What date was that posted

[QUOTE=Jerome Stanek;2659746]

What date was that posted
    You might check the last three monthly update threads (Dec '16, Jan '17, and Feb '18) for the latest on updates. The most recent was a little over a week ago (see previous post).

[QUOTE=Matt McCoy;2659798]

You might check the last three monthly update threads (Dec '16, Jan '17, and Feb '18) for the latest on updates. The most recent was a little over a week ago (see previous post).
    Could you copy and paste the part about hundreds are being shipped