Page 45 of 118 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast

Thread: Glowforge release

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    (And I never understood the "stereo" part of the name.)
    The ones I know about used two beams of light at 90 degrees (stereo) and only where the two beams met did it harden the liquid. Otherwise you cannot make parts that have hollows, pockets, holes.
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

Quote Originally Posted by John Noell View Post
    The ones I know about used two beams of light at 90 degrees (stereo) and only where the two beams met did it harden the liquid. Otherwise you cannot make parts that have hollows, pockets, holes.
    Huh. The one I saw had a single beam (IIRC) that hardened the top border of the object, then the stage lowered one step...lather rinse repeat. One of the standard demos was to make a hollow sphere which, if they didn't leave a drain hole at the top or bottom, was full of still-liquid resin.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by William Adams View Post
    News reports now include mention of a noise complaint related to a generator, but CO has been ruled out? http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2017/01/...couples-death/
    About the only thing I can think of that would quietly kill humans and pets inside an enclosed area that's NOT CO would be oxygen deprivation-- which is also highly likely with any sort of propane, NG or kerosene heater inside. Most newer propane and NG heaters have 02 sensors that will extinguish the pilot light if 02 levels get low, not sure about kerosene heaters...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

The machine I am familiar with used 2 lasers like John said. This was probably 10 years ago.

It isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility that the people were cutting a type of plastic that emits HCN or some other toxic gas as it burns. It seems hard to believe that they wouldn't recognize the smell and ventilate the room though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    About the only thing I can think of that would quietly kill humans and pets inside an enclosed area that's NOT CO would be oxygen deprivation-- which is also highly likely with any sort of propane, NG or kerosene heater inside. Most newer propane and NG heaters have 02 sensors that will extinguish the pilot light if 02 levels get low, not sure about kerosene heaters...

The two laser versions are the same as my old inside carving laser I had for doing glass block ornaments

The new resin printers only use one and the tray of resin moves up as it lasers the underside
    You did what !

I went to their forum and see that Dan will not release any up dates to when they will ship due to competitors may get some information. Sounds like another stall so people don't pull their money and buy another brand.

So, when does announcing a possible shipping date fall into the realm of 'industrial espionage'? good grief...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    So, when does announcing a possible shipping date fall into the realm of 'industrial espionage'? good grief...
    another spin by the same folks who call it a 3D printer... If it smells like a rose it probably is a rose, if it smells like... oh never mind, you get the idea.

That is what a lot of people that are on the forum are asking

Blog Entries
    I Still say they'll NEVER ship any quantity!
    And this continues to move towards a bankruptcy!
    Not releasing information that you said you would be doing on a regular basis?
    Yep Stinks pretty bad. I'd be yanking my funds out like now!

And what competitor is doing anything but LAUGHING at them?
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

yep bankruptcy. DS is in the Bahamas sippin umbrella drinks with 45.000,000$ laughing
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post
    I Still say they'll NEVER ship any quantity!
    My thoughts exactly, releasing product will create too much liability, as well as the big let down from what everyone has been promised.
    Scott
    Rabbit Laser RL-60-1290, Rotary attachment, Corel Draw x6, Bobcad Ver 27
    Juki-LU 2810-7, Juki 1900 AHS, Juki LU-1508, Juki LH-3188-7, Juki LH 1182
    Sheffield 530 HC webbing cutter

Thats the thing right there the BIG LET DOWN, we all know this thing can never do what he's promised. It will never live up to the expectations of the buyers

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Marquez View Post
    My thoughts exactly, releasing product will create too much liability, as well as the big let down from what everyone has been promised.
    Scott
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Well they're operating comfortably on investor seed money and have all the income from pre-orders earning an estimated .75% interest. If they go bankrupt it's going to take a REALLY long time. More than likely they'll have shorter delays going forward, but I expect they'll ship all their orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    yep bankruptcy. DS is in the Bahamas sippin umbrella drinks with 45.000,000$ laughing