Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trotec rotary and glass.

Trotec rotary and glass.

I'm so impressed with the rotary from Trotec, I think it could handle a full champagne magnum. These glasses take just under 2 minutes so unless I had high multiples of the same I think it's faster than sandblasting. Anyway, if you're thinking of one, I am totally sold on mine. If you're in CTX and you want to check out a Trotec up close, give me a ring.
    image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
    Last edited by Neville Stewart; 12-13-2015 at 7:18 AM.
    355 - 10400 : )

I'll be ordering the rotary gadget in January. I just turned away a job that would have paid for it.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Did you just order hte tapered cones or did you get the wheels also? I am looking at purchasing one, but can't decide which option to go with. Trotec also has 3 jaw chucks available for these units.
    Trotec Speedy 360 80 watt laser
    Custom CNC router 4' x 5'
    GrapthTec FC7000-75 vinyl cutter
    Keiling KL6090S CNC router
    Ricoh SG3100DN sublimation printer

It came with the cones. I've used the roller type on a 300 and this type is better in my opinion, very little chance of misalignment and no chance of slipping. I balked when I heard the price initially, but seeing how substantial it is and using it so easily, I don't regret at all.
    355 - 10400 : )

Quote Originally Posted by Neville Stewart View Post
    I'm so impressed with the rotary from Trotec, I think it could handle a full champagne magnum. These glasses take just under 2 minutes so unless I had high multiples of the same I think it's faster than sandblasting. Anyway, if you're thinking of one, I am totally sold on mine. If you're in CTX and you want to check out a Trotec up close, give me a ring.
    I'm definitely buying it worth the new Speedy 300 I'm buying. Can't wait!

There's been a brand new one on ebay for about 6 months now.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

That guy is a reseller. You can probably get it cheaper from your agent if you're buying a machine.

8. My rotary attachment is still sitting in the crate. Looks kinda intimidating. I'll have to get my nerve up and try it one of these days.
    Trotec Speedy 400 100w w/ Rotary attachment
    .................................................. .......................
    For custom framing: Pistorius double miter saw, Bienfang 4468, Inmes IM-5P underpinner, etc.
    For fun: Miller mig welder, Lincoln tig welder, Hypertherm plasma cutter.
    For photography: Phase 1 P65+, Epson 9800, Epson 7900, 3 Shinko dye subs

It's surprisingly easy. Look on engrave.ca for a tutorial or give me a buzz anytime.

Print to mine Mike, I'll handle it for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    I'll be ordering the rotary gadget in January. I just turned away a job that would have paid for it.

image.jpeg

I take it the angle of the unit in the pic means the articulation is built-in? If so, I like it! I do that with mine, but it wasn't a 'built-in' feature! I prop up the one end with rolls of tape or whatever, then screw the hole thing down tightly to the table. Not used to seeing the 'business end' of the unit on the RIGHT side of the machine... And, I still think they should offer a 3-jaw chuck. (unless they already do?) -- SO much more useful than just cones...

[QUOTE=Neville Stewart;2502895]These glasses take just under 2 minutes so unless I had high multiples of the same I think it's faster than sandblasting./QUOTE]

I know many of you sandblast, and love it, and I've seen video's of people doing it... But seriously, it just seems WAAAYYYY too labor intensive, and too many steps! Not for me...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Neville Stewart View Post
    Those look really sharp Neville!
    Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w
    Thunderlaser Mars-130 with EFR 130w tube
    Signature Rotary Engravers (2)
    Epson F6070 Large Format Printer, Geo Knight Air Heat Presses (2)

Adjustment is built in and nothing left to chance Kev. It is set up in reverse to what is usual over here. The thinking is that it was set up to engrave steins and the have a reverse tilt. Simple enough to overcome though. Kinda like driving on the left

Yep i love mine.

I did some nutri bullets on the weekend, although it took some modifications to get them right, also some glass jars
    20151212_164126.jpgTiger-on-Wine-Glass-2-300x450.jpgEagle-Wine-Glass-300x450.jpg
    Half Kiwi, Half Pom, All Crazy
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 80W (1.5" + 2.5" Lens)
    Harsh Environment Kit, Rotary Attachment

Atmos Compact Exhaust, CorelDraw X7

Neville and Jack, those are looking great. Looks like you two have it really dialed in! Nice work.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.